21, Hey I’m Daniel and I’m just concerned

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s also a decision to be made to either risk sexual function + the 50 other side effects or to lose hair, I feel like being bald is not as bad as having a limp penis that doesn’t work… Just wish there was more research in hair loss as none of these drugs were specifically designed for hair loss they just somehow helped the issue by accident.
The odds of that are slim. Stop fear mongering. It's either 3% chance of ED vs 100% chance of bald. Both lead to no relationships but one is guaranteed.

nyhair19

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve read lots of negative side effects to finasteride and I’m only 21 and still developing so idk If I want to suppress my testosterone. It’s scary that some people have to choose between having hair or a working penis
I started finasteride at 21 and never had any sides. Even adding dutasteride 10 years later, no sides. It affects everyone differently. Talk to a derm with a good reputation. Nobody is born with a receding hairline and yours has clearly receded somewhat, obviously a proper NW2. Where it will go from here is anyone's guess. The little hairs around the hairline aren't my concern, but the second pic clearly looks like the area around the edge is thinner than the rest.

Personally, I would wait for a year and see what happens if you are worried. I noticed my hair loss at 18 and waited three years to get on finasteride. You have a lot more ground to lose than I did (if that makes you feel any better?). And if you monitor the situation and see noticeable losses over time, you get can on meds then. dutasteride does wonders for maintaining (Google search 'dutasteride twins'), but the sides can be worse.

But remember, without a hair transplant, you will never regain what you lose at the hairline, only maintain.