21 and on my way to an unwanted genetic path.

Reaction score
Alright lads,

Though i would drop in my own story and keep people updated on my progress.

I'm 21 and receading slowly but most definatley in a notable direction! I've originally been unphased by this but it's starting to get me down a bit and i've decided to do something about it.

I went onto NHS direct and learnt about finasteride, (propecia). Well went and saw the doctor and hey ho today is day one of a very hairy journey ahead of me. (Pardon the pun)

I'm at university and really could do with keeping my sex drive if you know what i mean! Sod's lae as they say, it will probably work a treat and i'll have a lush head of hair but the fella downstairs will have a strop on lol ;)

I'm not a bad looking bloke, well so i've been told and never struggled with girls. But as time goes by it's begging to bother me and it's effecting my confidence, namely seeing guys with loads of hair and being jealeous, which i know is not good!

Anyway, i'm young and want a few more year yet, so sod it i'm going to give it a go! Peace and love, to fertile soils....

RaginDemon

Reaction score
you are quite a poet brotha, may the treatments do your hair good!

enjoy your university life!

Reaction score
Good Greif,

I've awoken from a very drunken night and i have long brown hair to my ankles, and very nice breasts!

Just kidding, obviously no change but am slighlty concerned about the whole moobs thing :S lol

Also i was reading a thread and a guy known as dissmembered said that he had a major 'Telogen Effluvium' on finasteride?? Any suggestions as to what a Telogen Effluvium is please, are my body parts going to fall off? Just kidding

Inabizzle

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
aaronpsy@hotmail.com said:
Good Greif,

I've awoken from a very drunken night and i have long brown hair to my ankles, and very nice breasts!

Just kidding, obviously no change but am slighlty concerned about the whole moobs thing :S lol

Also i was reading a thread and a guy known as dissmembered said that he had a major 'Telogen Effluvium' on finasteride?? Any suggestions as to what a Telogen Effluvium is please, are my body parts going to fall off? Just kidding

Inabizzle

dont worry getting any unwanted female characteristics ,sides with finasteride are very rare,around the 2% mark or so and if you quit propecia the sides would go away.The only side effect ive had in 27 months of use in an increased libido :)

Telogen Effluvium is telogen effluvium ,otherwise known as shedding hair...........its not really clarified whether or not you will shed initially any hair on finasteride,usually its minoxidil (rogaine) that does that,but it grows back anyway.

ive been on nizoral/finasteride and minoxidil for just over 2 years and its doing its job,definitely maintaining with some regrowth too,you really have nout to worry about :) good luck

Reaction score
Ah cheers mate,

Well hopefully no TEs tunrning me in to ETs, fingers X

Everyone's on about this rogaine or whatever it is. Think i'm just going to see how it all goes with the propecia for the time being, i'm 21 and at the early stages dont want to start with a whole load of stuff just yet.

I've only just come out of the hair shedding closet, and gonna take my time with it. Will add pics if things go well :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Ah cheers mate,

Well hopefully no TEs tunrning me in to ETs, fingers X

Everyone's on about this rogaine or whatever it is. Think i'm just going to see how it all goes with the propecia for the time being, i'm 21 and at the early stages dont want to start with a whole load of stuff just yet.

I've only just come out of the hair shedding closet, and gonna take my time with it. Will add pics if things go well :)

you have to be very patient with it, it takes a long time to make a difference.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Alright lads,

I have bought some nizoral (which i know to be anti dandruff shampoo) How is it beneficial to hair loss?

Its a mild DHT blocker.