20y And Going Bald. How Bad Is It? Pictures

letsgo2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
Heyhey my bald/balding friends!
IMG_20190520_134715436.jpg IMG_20190521_202436458_BURST013.jpg IMG_20190521_202707123.jpg IMG_20190521_204708508.jpg IMG_20190521_204715437.jpg IMG_20190521_204831972.jpg IMG_20190521_204835637.jpg IMG_20190521_205522745.jpg IMG_20190521_210936517.jpg
I'm Adam, 20 years old and Asian descent. So I've always had thin/see-through hair, it simply has been running in my genes but none of my three brothers are bald and neither my father in his mid 50's infact to the contrary he has a full head of head with little to no signs of hair loss. However it does run in my family since I do have male relatives that are thinning and it seems like I got the short end of the straw haha.

I noticed I was thinning around maybe 18 years old when I had grown out hair, panicked and decided to buzz it. I told my brother I believe I was balding but he said there's no way. I've grown it out abit now and yes, in my eyes defo seems I am and it is pretty moderate aswell.

Could you guys check out the pictures? Am I balding and how bad is it? The sides are faded and hair is abit longer on top. Maybe I can get a hair transplant in a year or so and have hair till I'm 30-40 atleast..

PS. the crown looks way worse in one of the pictures due to the lightning I think.

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, looks like you're balding. You still have your hairline though, so that's good. I think longer hair would mask a lot of your thinning, and so would a 1 guard or so. I wouldn't do a hair transplant in your situation, first stabilize the situation with a DHT blocker (also works best in diffuse scenarios like yours). You don't want to do a transplant and have the remainder of your hair fall out, it'll look bad. And, let us pray bother that by the time you're 30-40 we can have infinite donor hair and all get gorgeous manes.

Onni

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks thinner from the top, but the lighting and short hair might dramatize it. I would say it's thinning and it could result balding in few years.

Reactions: Aki

rymnd

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what my hair looks like when I started losing hair 4 years ago, I'd suggest you to hop on treatments ASAP.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys suggest? Is Finansteride only enough?

Should be. You are still at an early stage by the look of it.

Oral treatment is always going to be the most convenient, so just popping a pill is a good start and just move on with your life.

Finasteride should decrease hair loss by varying amounts in most people. For some lucky people it even gives some regrowth, usually thickening up of areas where you still have hair (like yours) but don't expect that.

Topical treatments works too but it's a hassle and at some point during topical treatment, you will get annoyed and depressed by it just like everybody else. The feeling when you are in your 20s and smearing sh*t on your scalp just to look like your friends and not like a 60 year old is not funny. That's why I always recommend the treatments that has the least amount of affect on your daily life. Everything you do is a lifetime treatment, granted that you want to keep your hair and you probably will because losing your hair at any age, particularly now in the age of social media is absolutely disgusting.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride 1MG only if prescribed by a doctor for the first year. After that depending on results add minoxidil 5%

HLV

letsgo2019

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on minoxidil, keto schampoo and dermarolling? I would like to wait with fina if possible

IncognitoMan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think if you intend to take finasteride in the future, then just start with that. If finasteride works for you, it’ll be much easier than minoxidil and dermarolling. Taking a pill every day is way less time consuming and you’re more likely to stick with that regimen. Plus, the effects can last much longer than minoxidil (for some, 10+ years, while minoxidil declines after 2 years).

If you develop sides, you can stop taking it. Although, keep a calm mind and don’t obsess over side effects. You’ll likely get ball ache and watery semen, but this is typically temporary... just takes some adjusting.