2019 Stories , Finasteride , Journey .

PhilQC281

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi , im 35 . First , English is not my first language so , go easy on me .
I noticied the first time that i was sheeding a little last summer(2018) , when i was styling
my hair with gel with my hand like always . I said to my girlfriend and she say " its normal , your hair will regrow " and i have a head full of hair so i didn't mind . All my life i had a lot of hair so , i was not worry about that .

Then we broke up me and my girlfriend in march this year (2019) . I was in bad shape after that , a lot of stress and depressed during the couple of weeks later . Well , a emotional shock i would say ... I think you all know what i talking about . Even in march , i didn't see coming if i was losing more hair then normal . Then i noticed in late of April , i was losing my hair like 100 hairs a day during my shampoo. I looked my hair and i saw my head behind and it was a other shock , i really lose my hair . Now im feeling better , no stress , going on with my life …

But now , since i saw my hair , i can say its alopecia , plus a emotional shock .
So i found this forum maybe 1 month ago and i was searching for treatment for alopecia.
I will not stay on my *** and let my hair goes away like that without doing anything !
So i made a decision with everything i have read and learn in the thread of the forum .

Its been 16 days for me on finasteride .
I started the 21 May 2019 . Heres my regimen for now .

Nizoral 2% (2-3x) week
1mg Finasteride / day

I feel im doing something to help my cause and stop the hairloss . I know theres other treatment like minoxidil with dermaroller , but im not ready for now to jump on this one .
Im scared of more sheeding , i count my hairloss every day to see if i lose more or less.
Yea i count it , the best i can and i wrote it down on paper . Best day , i can lose 25 hairs , and worse 100 hairs when i shampoo .

I have no sides effect at the moment and i hope that will continue like that .
I still lose my hair every day , i know it can take 6 months to working .
I will share my result here on this thread in the future .
Sorry for the long text .

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
A lot of people have a similar story. Stress started the hair loss. It is mostly true, but when it is time to start losing hair, you will lose faster with stress.
You have a good thing going in that you are older (35). For the most part the older you are, the slower the hair loss.
Stay on finasteride for at least 8 months. I would add minoxidil as well, even if once a day.

JosephStark

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck with that man, and sorry about your girlfriend. Going through something similar and planning on fighting hair loss with all I have.

PhilQC281

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys ! Thanks for your reply and support , i appreciated it ! I hope your feeling well too .
Im feeling better everyday . Thats the important .

So its been 1 month and few days im on finasteride 1mg a day . Nothing to report , no sides effects , penis still there and working . I cross my finger and hope that keep in that way .

I still lose hair like i sayd at the start . Diffused hair . Like a sheeding , 25 to 100 a day .
I will keep you informe on my situation in a other month !

JosephStark , i wish you the best men , hope you feeling better about your breakup .
And keep fitghing the hairloss !

PhilQC281

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Again . I came back to give some feedback about my Finasteride journey .
Im still on it and Nizoral , like i said before on the firts Post .

It's been 4 months and 2 days exactly . I have no sides effect from it .
I don't see any change about my hairloss . After the first 2 month and half , my hairloss
came down maybe -20% for around 3 weeks . After that , i think the sheeding part came in ,
im maybe 120% than at the begening . I dont really know if its the shedding part that all the
guys talk about here , but im losing more hair than before . Yes i count it . The better i can and
the same way . I dont see any regrow too and i know Fina is more for maintenance .

So , i dont think either nizoral 2% is really effective , well i mean , it maybe is but i dont see
noting improve .I will continue Finasteride until 6 months treatment , im just a little discourage
to make all effort in the fight and see no result at all .

I you have tips or other suggestion about all that , i will be happy to read it .
I know the patience is for a lot , but its not fun to see all the hairs fall a part like that .

Thanks for sharing and good luck all .