2019 And We Still Have No F*cking Idea Why We Bald In A Horseshoe Pattern

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2019 and we still dont know why our hair mutates into an aberrant horseshoe pattent leaving a dumb *** island of hair in front of your head. Dumb *** dissease.

I have heard many theories, the one involved tension looks interesting however doesn't explain what triggers it, and why would the tension cause increased 5ar on said areas as indicated in some study where they studied the tissues.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It probably has something to do with how the scalp/follicles are formed while in the womb or cell to cell signaling. Maybe even the layout of the nerves. It's so complex, not an easy thing to pin down.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I remember reading that thread. Still no explaination as to why it would be configured like this in the womb. Supposedly tension since early ages in the womb creates you to be male pattern baldness prone putting the sign of doom (the horseshoe) since womb days but it's only manifested latter on.

Still no clear f*****g explaination. Looks like broscience to me.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not an expert on this topic, but I thought that the reason we bald on our scalps but not our sides is that the hairs on teh side of the head are immune to the effects of DHT. That's why they use the sides and back as donor hair in hair transplants, harvest follicles from the 'safe zones' and then inject it on top. I'd love to have a better understanding of the science behind this though, as I suspect would the scientists themselves who thus far seem to know jack sh*t about the makeup of the hair follicle and the wider human body as a whole, for that matter.

I think the question is why is it that our hair on the sides and back is immune to dht while the hair on the scalp isn't