2013 Breakthrough Hair Loss Stem Cells Product

vinhd

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just read this news article stating that L'Oreal has recently released a new product to regrow hair using stem cell technology. They claim to regrow 1-3% of your hair after 90 days. It's unclear whether the success rate is 100% on all cases or not. The price is 300 UK pounds per 3 month treatment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...gh-hair-loss-product-works-on-stem-cells.html

If the regrowth rate is a continuous rate, it's not a bad treatment because after 3 years, I can regrow about 35% of my hair back, that's almost a full head of hair for me. :)

Anyone wanna be the next guinea pig?

cthulhu

Banned
Reaction score
scam, not a long terms study and no mention of a control group. Even so, not worth the price for such minimal regrowth

abcdefg

Reaction score
I agree just because they throw in hot buzz words like stem cells does not mean it works. If it works then it will catch on and we will see further studies showing us how well it works. Right now its another over priced product with minimal if any results. I guess if your a millionaire might as well for it, but I try to save my money.

resu

Reaction score
Ridiculous, I was going to buy their Neogenic product but now I'm not so sure I'll ever support anything from this company.

ABJac

Reaction score
I actually have to disagree with the last two posts. For a company like L'oreal to patent or create a cosmetic product, they must spend several hundreds of thousands of dollars, not to mention share large amount of information with investors and over sight committees because they are a public company. I am in no way saying this will work, or do anything at all for hair loss, I am just emphatically sure they a company as world renowned as l'oreal is not just releasing a scam product. It actually looks a lot like this product

http://www.phytostem.com/web/StemCellSerumforMaleScalpAlopeciaging.aspx

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a meeting held with regards to the stem cell innovation.

http://www.loreal.com/article.aspx?topcode=CorpTopic_RI_ScientificExpertise_StemCells&topicsection=CorpTopic_RI

The reason most companies do not have long term studies to show, is because they are marketing the product as a cosmetic not a pharmaceutical. The amount of FDA approval, trial lengths, etc, all outweigh the financial structure of a new product in this field because there are so many, and long term studies are relatively unnecessary when you consider how they reach their results invivo and using non-human test subjects. Again this may be another flop, but there is without doubt substantial research that went into it, and until its reputation is concluded by the community of hair loss sufferers, it will just remain one of the millions of available treatments available, you can just be sure money went into this one, its not just a mixture of vegetables and minerals with fancy pacakging and claims of a cure

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a meeting held with regards to the stem cell innovation.

http://www.loreal.com/article.aspx?topcode=CorpTopic_RI_ScientificExpertise_StemCells&topicsection=CorpTopic_RI

The reason most companies do not have long term studies to show, is because they are marketing the product as a cosmetic not a pharmaceutical. The amount of FDA approval, trial lengths, etc, all outweigh the financial structure of a new product in this field because there are so many, and long term studies are relatively unnecessary when you consider how they reach their results invivo and using non-human test subjects. Again this may be another flop, but there is without doubt substantial research that went into it, and until its reputation is concluded by the community of hair loss sufferers, it will just remain one of the millions of available treatments available, you can just be sure money went into this one, its not just a mixture of vegetables and minerals with fancy pacakging and claims of a cure

- - - Updated - - -

lastly, I have been unable to find any new products released by L'oreal, is this post referring to neogenic?

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
Kérastase Densifique. It's named in the article. Believe it's the same thing.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah I guess its possible it could help in some fashion you might have a point. Marketing this stuff though as a cosmetic just puts it into a huge amount of snake oils. There are so many unproven things you could spend millions and your whole life trying different things while you slowly go bald still. Look at wrinkle creams and other cosmetic stuff like that its just a big jungle of false promises and mediocre results if any.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
Didn't they already do that?, I'm talking about Aminexil...

Aminexil counters fibrosis so it's far from a scam... this alone will not stop hair loss in it's tracks since there are multiple factors contributing to hair loss. You still need to use a multi-factor approach.