2008/2009 NFL Season

Cassin

Reaction score
EasyEd said:
I think Arizona takes it...

It all depends on how banged up Ben is and he looked pretty worn out.

It drives me insane that Dallas is not playing in the super bowl. If that POS offensive line hadn't gotten our entire running back core and Romo shredded we could have made it. Offenses live and die by the O-Line and Dallas doesn't have it.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Phili vs Arizona is one of the greatest conference championship games I have ever seen.

so far so good on Pitt vs Balt.....

any Dallas fan needs to root against Pitt and that includes you G-Man........ :nono:

I totally agree that this is probably the best NFL game i've ever seen. Man, both teams were going at it and in the beginning I thought that Arizona would run away with it. Then when philly came back it was quite amazing. Larry Fitzgerald was very impressive and he will be the man to watch at the Super Bowl :agree:

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I had a bad football day yesterday. Lived in Philly for a few years - so I was rooting for the Eagles :-(

And even though I also lived in the greater Iron City area for awhile, I'm in Maryland now so I was hoping the best for the Ravens. :-(

Steelers were phenomenal yesterday though. Major Props.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
That hit on McGahee was vicious. Glad to hear he's going to be ok. As soon as it happened, I stopped watching the ball and just focused on him and thought for sure he was paralyzed because he landed in a weird position with his left arm tucked and it never moved from that position. He was completely motionless. That was scary, scary stuff. I bet it's difficult as a football player to see that, and then come back out and have to hit like that again right after the guy gets carted out.

Cassin

Reaction score
Bald Dave said:
Cassin said:
Phili vs Arizona is one of the greatest conference championship games I have ever seen.

so far so good on Pitt vs Balt.....

any Dallas fan needs to root against Pitt and that includes you G-Man........ :nono:

I totally agree that this is probably the best NFL game i've ever seen. Man, both teams were going at it and in the beginning I thought that Arizona would run away with it. Then when philly came back it was quite amazing. Larry Fitzgerald was very impressive and he will be the man to watch at the Super Bowl :agree:

Love hearing a Brit enjoying our game!!!!

Cassin

Reaction score
EasyEd said:
That hit on McGahee was vicious. Glad to hear he's going to be ok. As soon as it happened, I stopped watching the ball and just focused on him and thought for sure he was paralyzed

He needs to go ahead and retire...some people are simply injury prone.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Bald Dave said:
Larry Fitzgerald was very impressive and he will be the man to watch at the Super Bowl :agree:

He is absolutely phenomenal.............

Cassin

Reaction score
lol-donovan.jpg

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Damn, that was a hell of a game. Did everybody watch?

A

Administrator

Cassin said:
language warning^^^^
Giants fans. New york. Great people. Typical neighbors of mine while living there for 9 years. No coincidence I got as far from long island as possible as soon as I graduated high school. Glad i left.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Was everybody else as surprised as I was to find out about that rule about how a holding penalty in the end zone becomes an automatic safety? That was a new one on me...

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Great game!!

Yes Bryan, holding in the endzone results in a safety because it could intentionally be used by the offense to prevent a safety. Same for intentional grounding and (maybe?) clipping in the endzone IIRC.

Cassin

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Was everybody else as surprised as I was to find out about that rule about how a holding penalty in the end zone becomes an automatic safety? That was a new one on me...

No I have seen it a few times.

Its also a safety if you intentionally ground the ball.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
What a game!! I was rooting for Arizona, but Pittsburgh definitely went down the field and earned that win.

So is all previous logic on what wins football games somewhat thrown out the window now? I've always heard that running the ball and defense are what wins, yet Arizona was as close as can be to bringing home the title with a horrible running game and a horrible D.