2000 Or 2500 Gratfs, Which Would Be Best For Me (pics)

RGNatty90

Reaction score
This thread made it even harder to pick the ammount of grafts...

Im not sure if i want to lower the hairline, maybe just fill the temples and strengthen the existing hairline might be enought.
Koray wanted hair to be at 80cm2, maybe thats why he recommended 3500 while other say 50cm2.
On the other hand ive seen videos of people with way thinner hair than me that got good results at 2000-2500.

PRP is not proven as far as i know, I don't believe in the technology and wouldn't trust any clinic to perform it.

You have very thick donor hair, you probably have 10,000 grafts available if it is done right. Only a hair transplant doctor can give you an accurate estimate by seeing you, but from the photos I assume it is as good as it looks. I have had 6000 grafts done myself, and easily have another 3500 or more. I had FUT done though, if your hair has stabilized you might consider FUT over FUE. A 2000 FUT for you is a small procedure, they usually take a few extra to make it, so it may end up 2200.

I think the difference in doctors estimates you are getting is because some are looking at doing a lower hairline. It all depends on what hairline you want as to how many grafts. I would not do 3500 at your relatively young age as you said.

PRP is plasma injections (stem cells) directly into the scalp hoping they become hair cells?

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
PRP therapy for hair loss is a treatment that involves withdrawing a patient's own blood, processing it so that only the enriched cells (platelet-rich plasma) remain, and injecting it into the scalp. They claim PRP contains essential proteins that stimulate natural hair growth, but I don't believe it without proof.

I think it is a waste of money, and since you already have dense hair I doubt it would do anything even if it did work.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread made it even harder to pick the ammount of grafts...

Im not sure if i want to lower the hairline, maybe just fill the temples and strengthen the existing hairline might be enought.
Koray wanted hair to be at 80cm2, maybe thats why he recommended 3500 while other say 50cm2.
On the other hand ive seen videos of people with way thinner hair than me that got good results at 2000-2500.

PRP is plasma injections (stem cells) directly into the scalp hoping they become hair cells?

Go with Koray. Lower the hairline. High hairline with strong density looks unnatural and ages you substantially.