2000 Or 2500 Gratfs, Which Would Be Best For Me (pics)

RGNatty90

Reaction score
I am very close to booking now and i am currently looking for the right doctor. Ive sent those pictures around and some say 2000 while other say 2500. I dont want to take to much if it turns out bad so i can have some donor hair in the future. I want to fill the temples and make hairline in front thicker.

Dr Hakan ********* said 2000 and i am considering him but did some research and he had some unhappy patients so I will be looking around before making final decision.

Also, is it beneficial to have PRP THerapy?

IMG_9817.JPG
IMG_9816.JPG
IMG_9812.JPG

IMG_9859.JPG

lIthCb4.jpg

Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd go more so by the surgeon you're comfortable with than the initial graft quote

The number of grafts may change anyway on the day of your procedure

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
It's just my opinion but if I was you I wouldn't have surgery at all. I think you're too early in your hair loss.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
I am very close to booking now and i am currently looking for the right doctor. Ive sent those pictures around and some say 2000 while other say 2500. I dont want to take to much if it turns out bad so i can have some donor hair in the future. I want to fill the temples and make hairline in front thicker.

Dr Hakan ********* said 2000 and i am considering him but did some research and he had some unhappy patients so I will be looking around before making final decision.

Also, is it beneficial to have PRP THerapy?

View attachment 46325 View attachment 46326 View attachment 46327
View attachment 46330
lIthCb4.jpg
Hello,
********* probably lost a bit of reputation... Contact Erdogan (asmed) and Oztan (Hairline clinic), both very good based on results and testimonies. Not sure u have hairloss or just larger forehead. Have you also considered finasteride ?!

RGNatty90

Reaction score
Hello,
********* probably lost a bit of reputation... Contact Erdogan (asmed) and Oztan (Hairline clinic), both very good based on results and testimonies. Not sure u have hairloss or just larger forehead. Have you also considered finasteride ?!

That's right I have a natural large forehead but my temples haven't look like that all my life and I've had thicker hair line.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
That's right I have a natural large forehead but my temples haven't look like that all my life and I've had thicker hair line.

Oh, okay. The good news is that you want to do something about your hairloss and you caught it early as it is much much easier to prevent hairloss than regrow what has been lost already....

The question now is whether you take want to take finasteride or not or perhaps RU and minoxidil and then get a hair transplant to sort out your forelock. :)
If I were you, I would not start finasteride yet, but rather try RU and minoxidil for your hairline to see how it goes + get a hair transplant.

FYI, I am on finasteride, minoxidil, RU, spironolactone (S5 cream) and I also use a keto shampoo + had a small hair transplant to my temples. Noone, really sees me as a balding guy, thank God for that and same is with you. You know that you are slowly balding, but your friends and colleagues have no clue :) and you and I both know that this status must be preserved.

I also plan to go to Turkey next September to get my hairline sorted out (about 2000-2500 grafts I guess). I also considered *********, but then read some complains about his work and now I only consider Erdogan or Oztan (both probably best in Turkey).

Get in touch with them to see their quote, both seem to be really good and I do not with whom to go :/ .
Erdogan's work is top notch, but he tends to quote double what others would and most of the work is done by nurses.
Oztan is there or thereabouts, only proper doctors carry out the whole hair transplant procedure, no technicians or nurses and only about 1000-1500 grafts a day are transplanted.

RGNatty90

Reaction score
Oh, okay. The good news is that you want to do something about your hairloss and you caught it early as it is much much easier to prevent hairloss than regrow what has been lost already....

The question now is whether you take want to take finasteride or not or perhaps RU and minoxidil and then get a hair transplant to sort out your forelock. :)
If I were you, I would not start finasteride yet, but rather try RU and minoxidil for your hairline to see how it goes + get a hair transplant.

FYI, I am on finasteride, minoxidil, RU, spironolactone (S5 cream) and I also use a keto shampoo + had a small hair transplant to my temples. Noone, really sees me as a balding guy, thank God for that and same is with you. You know that you are slowly balding, but your friends and colleagues have no clue :) and you and I both know that this status must be preserved.

I also plan to go to Turkey next September to get my hairline sorted out (about 2000-2500 grafts I guess). I also considered *********, but then read some complains about his work and now I only consider Erdogan or Oztan (both probably best in Turkey).

Get in touch with them to see their quote, both seem to be really good and I do not with whom to go :/ .
Erdogan's work is top notch, but he tends to quote double what others would and most of the work is done by nurses.
Oztan is there or thereabouts, only proper doctors carry out the whole hair transplant procedure, no technicians or nurses and only about 1000-1500 grafts a day are transplanted.

I've been on finasteride and minoxidil for the last 4-5 years. I'm 26 btw.

I think Erdogan wanted to transplant 3500 and that's way to much because I still want to have a lot in the future if the results are bad. I'll check out Oztan.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride and minoxidil for the last 4-5 years. I'm 26 btw.

I think Erdogan wanted to transplant 3500 and that's way to much because I still want to have a lot in the future if the results are bad. I'll check out Oztan.

http://www.hairtransplantcenter-turkey.com/ that is for Dr. Oztan they also do a BHT (body hair transplant).

And yeah Erdogan's quotes are way to high... I have not been quoted anything yet as I have to wait till April in order to see how my previous hair transplant turned out, which was in Sept 2016.

I am 27 :)

And btw after 4-5 years of the Big 2, your hair looks good..

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You have really good donor hair, I would only do 2000 for a new hairline if that is what you want.

RGNatty90

Reaction score
Also i am still considering surgeons and i want to go with Koray but he said i would need 3500 grafts. Thats waaaaay to much from what i first thought.

Mathe

Reaction score
Looks fine to me but obviously it's your hair and your happiness, so if it's what your after go for it !

If the meds have stabilised your losses then you can be confident that the procedure will give you good long term results without having to worry about thinning in behind .

All the Best

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also i am still considering surgeons and i want to go with Koray but he said i would need 3500 grafts. Thats waaaaay to much from what i first thought.

3500 would let you reinforce thinning areas behind the hairline which is ideal unless you want to go back after a few years.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RG 2500 grafts represents approximately 50% of your donor capacity leaving you a balance of approximately 50% providing nothing goes wrong. The area you propose to cover will be equal to the amount you can cover in the future with one more procedure. Does that total area covered when added together meet your expectations long term? If not then the number needs to drop or you need to wait. I agree with follicle you should probably wait at least until you are 30 then reevaluate.

If you were to take an average donor area with an average capacity of 5000 fu at original density of an average of 80 fu/cm you could fit them into a 3” square. If you took an average density that a hair transplant can achieve which might be 50% probably less it would fit a 5” square. If you account for lost fu's through surgery and the donor also being susceptible to DHT over the long term a 4” square would be a safer bet. If you cut a 4” square and move it around the top of your head as an exercise you will get a basic idea of what is possible to achieve at 50% density.

Last edited:

RGNatty90

Reaction score
RG 2500 grafts represents approximately 50% of your donor capacity leaving you a balance of approximately 50% providing nothing goes wrong. The area you propose to cover will be equal to the amount you can cover in the future with one more procedure. Does that total area covered when added together meet your expectations long term? If not then the number needs to drop or you need to wait. I agree with follicle you should probably wait at least until you are 30 then reevaluate.

If you were to take an average donor area with an average capacity of 5000 fu at original density of an average of 80 fu/cm you could fit them into a 3” square. If you took an average density that a hair transplant can achieve which might be 50% probably less it would fit a 5” square. If you account for lost fu's through surgery and the donor also being susceptible to DHT over the long term a 4” square would be a safer bet. If you cut a 4” square and move it around the top of your head as an exercise you will get a basic idea of what is possible to achieve at 50% density.
Thanks for this. How big would square be?

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
PRP is not proven as far as i know, I don't believe in the technology and wouldn't trust any clinic to perform it.

You have very thick donor hair, you probably have 10,000 grafts available if it is done right. Only a hair transplant doctor can give you an accurate estimate by seeing you, but from the photos I assume it is as good as it looks. I have had 6000 grafts done myself, and easily have another 3500 or more. I had FUT done though, if your hair has stabilized you might consider FUT over FUE. A 2000 FUT for you is a small procedure, they usually take a few extra to make it, so it may end up 2200.

I think the difference in doctors estimates you are getting is because some are looking at doing a lower hairline. It all depends on what hairline you want as to how many grafts. I would not do 3500 at your relatively young age as you said.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
PRP is not proven as far as i know, I don't believe in the technology and wouldn't trust any clinic to perform it.

You have very thick donor hair, you probably have 10,000 grafts available if it is done right. Only a hair transplant doctor can give you an accurate estimate by seeing you, but from the photos I assume it is as good as it looks. I have had 6000 grafts done myself, and easily have another 3500 or more. I had FUT done though, if your hair has stabilized you might consider FUT over FUE. A 2000 FUT for you is a small procedure, they usually take a few extra to make it, so it may end up 2200.

I think the difference in doctors estimates you are getting is because some are looking at doing a lower hairline. It all depends on what hairline you want as to how many grafts. I would not do 3500 at your relatively young age as you said.

He should get the 3500. Forget age, it has nothing to do with it.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jean for most patients’ 3500 fue grafts might be the limit of their donor long term with 5000 really pushing it. When you do not reveal this information you are being irresponsible and if you are marketing then its marketing fraud by omitting information that is essential when making a purchasing decision.

Some patients have gone for a procedure with even less donor available and they just plan around what they can do which may be as low as 2000 grafts. What if this poster is one of those long term patients that will not support a high number of extractions but is relying on your advice?

Do you simply not understand the numbers and limitations of surgical hair restoration or is something else going on? Where exactly in the world do you live and which laws apply to you? Why do you continue to encourage young men to have a surgical procedure which carries a high risk and can be devastating both short and long term when not planned properly? Your concern about the patient and advising caution seems to be zero. Why is that?

Last edited: