20 Yr Old, Am I Balding At The Crown?

Mont

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I got my haircut today and I couldn't tell if it was the way he cut it, how my hair is, or if I'm balding. Would love some advice. I don't see any thinning at my temples and my hair feels full, but I can take other pictures if necessary.

https://imgur.com/gallery/8FqQG

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
could be its hard to tell but it seems like it. I have seen crown loss start with that softer look quite a lot. You seem to have a perfect hairline. Is crown loss in your family history?

Mont

My Regimen
Reaction score
could be its hard to tell but it seems like it. I have seen crown loss start with that softer look quite a lot. You seem to have a perfect hairline. Is crown loss in your family history?
No, not really. My brother has the soft look to his crown as well. Most men in my family start with receding temples if they do bald it seems. It's not as evident without the light either. Problem is that I'm a sperm baby so I don't know my father's side, but I believe the papers said there's no history of male pattern baldness. I do have a half brother (related through mother) who had a receding hairline, but my mother's brothers have good hair (one of my uncle's passed at 36, but did not have a recording hairline from photos) and my other just has a recorded hairline that has stopped.

Last edited:

MotorcycleGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
A little hard to tell but I can see that its a little thin near the crown. The only sure way is to ask your barber, if you have a regular one.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, looks like like diffuse/Vertex thinning :(

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rather than take a picture from the mirror just position the camera directly at your head blind so it comes out clearer. Either way, finasteride is the primary way to tackle a thinning crown.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, Finasteride works excellent for diffuse thinners.