20+ years with Finasteride, my experience

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for posting about your experience and providing pictures. Your hair looks great. Who did your hair transplants?
What’s your family history of baldness? Are there high Norwoods?

jazz1

Reaction score
Awesome hair and great story thanks for sharing.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Zero negative sexual side effects, i would say the exact opposite, strong libido and functionality but I don't think that's because of the medication :D I had a more watery semen since the beginning thou and haven't undergone a sperm count, for example, due to lack of interest concerning fertility.
Interesting statement.
I too had watery ejalulation when I started finasteride therapy.

Unfortunately, my ejaculation volume dropped massively afterwards.
This side effect has remained with me until today.

Calvino82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello friends, i am sharing some more actual photos of my situation. I turned 40 in January. I amstill using Finasteride, being 21 years of use this summer. I would like to say that i will be having a check-up with my doctor on the 18th of April to see if further advancing my hairline could be an option. Ideally, i would like a more V shaped hairline just about 8mm lower toward the front, about the same in the corners and just a sprinkle of grafts on the temple peaks. I am aware that such surgery would not be necessary but if possible i decided to go that way: go hard or go home. I think that even a slight change of my hairline would bring aesthetic benefits, especially with very short hair, which is my favorite cut. When (if) i will do this i will be opening a separate thread about my experience.

Ko1HaqM.jpg

xonyhIb.jpg

1D0Epft.jpg

fKd4AxE.jpg

9Px7tLu.jpg

8zVRyUv.jpg

5V3K39o.jpg

5V3K39o.jpg

1g19Cr1.jpg

m3L0PU7.jpg

99pksgo.jpg

YXKxlGI.jpg

jrLozCK.jpg

pbkeush.jpg

swYg3Pj.jpg

3XJIMPV.jpg

Last edited:

Calvino82

My Regimen
Reaction score
21.5 years with Finasteride update. 1/4 Proscar broken with teeth, no specific care about how i do keep it etc. I take a 4th part with my incisors and put back the rest into its blister. I am quite consistent but i do miss dosis from time to time.

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
This is great! Such a relief to hear about peoples long term experience and that the treatments can last this long. Do you plan on having kids? Would you take a break from it if so? Also whats the longest you've been without Propecia or minoxidil?

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
21.5 years with Finasteride update. 1/4 Proscar broken with teeth, no specific care about how i do keep it etc. I take a 4th part with my incisors and put back the rest into its blister. I am quite consistent but i do miss dosis from time to time.
Which shampoos do you use?

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why the f*** are you not answering any questions?

Calvino82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. I am not planning having kids but who knows. I do use about any shampoo, not a specific brand; I do use hair conditioner from time to time to enhance the volume and softness. But i do especially pay attention to rinse my hair throughly after shower in order to get all the soap out and prevent itchy spots. My scalp condition is very good with no dandruff at all but if i dont rinse very well with colder water i get some itch in two specific small areas.

jamesrav2

Reaction score
definitely a great case of sensing a potential problem and taking immediate action. No side effects, transplants to even make it better, cant have a better outcome than that. Without any action it would probably have been a much different outcome.