20 years old - Will go crazy if I lose my hair

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello I registered on this forum with the hope that I'll find information of how to keep hold of my hair. Atm I think I am NW2, I started noticing that I lose hairs like 2-3 years ago but I didn't give it that much attention. Lately, it started becoming worse for me because I HAVE TO keep hold of my hair, no matter what and I am already self-conscious and low self-esteem and losing all my hair will be a crime because I'm also a twink prettyboy and I have sticked out ears, so shaving it will make me look like **** most definitely.
I will drop a few pictures to let you see what stage it is.
I can say that my dad is bald, my dad's father was also bald (my grandfather), but my mom's dad had hair as far as I know (I never talked/met him, that's what my mom said but I don't know if she said that just to make me feel a little bit more comfortable).
I haven't tried any treatment so far because I heard Finasteride has some nasty side-effects. I was thinking of getting Minoxidil, but I've heard some stories about it, not really the best experience either. Of course, my body might react well to these treatments, but I wouldn't risk. I know there's no other confirmed treatments for hair, but I don't know, maybe there's a hope I can keep my hair with oils or diet. I am ready to do everything for it.
There is no chance for hair transplant, I do not have the money for it.

Here are the pictures I took like 2 years ago.
http://i.imgur.com/284T7WD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4tVtRkm.jpg

Here's the picture I took a few days ago.
http://www.upload.ee/image/4633964/lina.png

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried any treatment so far because I heard Finasteride has some nasty side-effects. I was thinking of getting Minoxidil, but I've heard some stories about it, not really the best experience either. Of course, my body might react well to these treatments, but I wouldn't risk. I know there's no other confirmed treatments for hair, but I don't know, maybe there's a hope I can keep myhair with oils or diet. I am ready to do everything for it.

Your going to get hammered here for this. Don't say your willing to do everything, but deny the best chances at regrowing/maintaining your hair with proven treatments.

If your gonna do diet and oils might as well throw in no FAP. Hope you get the results you seek.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The more I look at the "few days ago" picture it looks like its photoshopped or a really bad pompadour hairstyle.
Also the "2 years ago" pictures are actually 1 year. You posted those exact same ones back in april last year.

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The more I look at the "few days ago" picture it looks like its photoshopped or a really bad pompadour hairstyle.
Also the "2 years ago" pictures are actually 1 year. You posted those exact same ones back in april last year.
The few days ago picture was taken when I was in shower, so I had shampoo in my hair and pulled it back as much as I could.
As for the older pic, I created a thread here last year or so but I've taken that pic way back in 2013 and uploaded them on a different forum first.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello I registered on this forum with the hope that I'll find information of how to keep hold of my hair. Atm I think I am NW2, I started noticing that I lose hairs like 2-3 years ago but I didn't give it that much attention. Lately, it started becoming worse for me because I HAVE TO keep hold of my hair, no matter what and I am already self-conscious and low self-esteem and losing all my hair will be a crime because I'm also a twink prettyboy and I have sticked out ears, so shaving it will make me look like **** most definitely.
I will drop a few pictures to let you see what stage it is.
I can say that my dad is bald, my dad's father was also bald (my grandfather), but my mom's dad had hair as far as I know (I never talked/met him, that's what my mom said but I don't know if she said that just to make me feel a little bit more comfortable).
I haven't tried any treatment so far because I heard Finasteride has some nasty side-effects. I was thinking of getting Minoxidil, but I've heard some stories about it, not really the best experience either. Of course, my body might react well to these treatments, but I wouldn't risk. I know there's no other confirmed treatments for hair, but I don't know, maybe there's a hope I can keep my hair with oils or diet. I am ready to do everything for it.
There is no chance for hair transplant, I do not have the money for it.

Here are the pictures I took like 2 years ago.
http://i.imgur.com/284T7WD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4tVtRkm.jpg

Here's the picture I took a few days ago.
http://www.upload.ee/image/4633964/lina.png

Sorry, nothing natural works. You'll need to use synthetic medications, such as Finasteride and Minoxidil which you mentioned, in order to maintain your hair and get regrowth.

You have much better hair than I did when I was 20 years of age. I looked at the pictures of your hair and it doesn't even look like there's any signs of Androgenetic Alopecia. If you really want to make sure how your hair is doing, go to a hair transplant doctor and have them check for miniaturization of the hair follicles. If there's actual miniaturization, then get on Finasteride as soon as you can. If I were you, I wouldn't use Minoxidil, just Finasteride and maybe a Ketoconazole shampoo in your case if you really have Male Pattern Baldness.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
maybe there's a hope I can keep my hair with oils or diet.
Hahahahahahaha ! No.
Finasteride at least 2-3 times a week, take it and wait for a better treatment (Setipiprant, CB-03-01...).

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe I don't have male pattern baldness.
Oh yes you do. Now the question is, will you lose your hair in 10 years or in 40 years without treatment ? Nobody knows.

Available treatments mostly work for maintaining, if you wait until you're sure sure sure, you may start treatment a bit late, like many people here who have very expensive and maybe a bit dangerous regimens, just because they started 2 years too late.

It's a bit of a gamble, but I can tell you for sure you show signs of recession, even if your hair loss is slow.

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think it's a good idea to use Minoxidil for my slow hair loss? I am not sure where I can buy finasteride in Romania.

Reaction score
if you're going bald, and you're not on finasteride, you're going to go bald

How do you know for sure? My friends grandfather was going bald and he's now 80 and all he has is a really bad hairline and you literally cant even tell when he just combs it down

NesHair

Banned
Reaction score
i have some bad news buddy, you are balding, eat those dutasteride like candys or you are going to look like a light bulb before 30.

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
I made the same mistake as you are of not treating it early. I avoided finasteride like the plague and tried every other option ; minoxidil alone, multivitamins, meditation, noFap, saw palmetto, beta-sitosterol, exercise, green tea etc. etc. etc. And I'm telling you IT WILL NOT STOP. Now I'm 22 and the biggest joke is that I've done all that only to take finasteride in the end anyways. My hair loss is really bad right now and I'm stuck with the buzz cut (although I'm 6'4 with good facial traits which makes me look attractive regardless) if I would've taken the plunge sooner, I'm 100% I would have completely reversed the situation and never have had to think about it again. I would say to just take it now because you're only delaying the inevitable and you're gonna have a lot of regret when you turn to it anyways; why not save some ground and do it now rather than later after you lose more hair that will not be able to re-grow? It's been two weeks so far and I have zero side-effects besides some slight ball-ache during the first three days and a spike in my libido, funny enough. Your body will compensate for the loss of the DHT hormone through other biological means because that is how our genetics have evolved to be the most successful it can be. There are literally millions of men currently under the drug who have access to the internet and are doing just fine compared to the few thousands of those suffering from sides and posting scare-stories about them (most suffering from the placebo affect, no doubt).

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
You can't say this:

I haven't tried any treatment so far because I heard Finasteride has some nasty side-effects. I was thinking of getting Minoxidil, but I've heard some stories about it, not really the best experience either. Of course, my body might react well to these treatments, but I wouldn't risk.

Then this:

I am ready to do everything for it.

If you are not willing to use proven treatments, not even minoxidil, then you are doing nothing to keep your hair. Oils and diet will not do a thing. If you choose to go without properly treating your hair loss then you will without a doubt continue to bald.

Tapajer1991

Reaction score
I'm new here. Let me tell my story, I'm responsible that I'm going bald. I put a lot chemicals in my head and have chosen the worst barbers to cut my head. On top of all that, I had a really bad dandruff problem and I never addressed it. I'm paying the price now, 25, with a receding hairline and with giant forehead. I'm thinking about transplant.

MI92

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm new here. Let me tell my story, I'm responsible that I'm going bald. I put a lot chemicals in my head and have chosen the worst barbers to cut my head. On top of all that, I had a really bad dandruff problem and I never addressed it. I'm paying the price now, 25, with a receding hairline and with giant forehead. I'm thinking about transplant.
I wouldn't say that's why bro. If that were the case then there would be even more baldies! There are people with terrible hygiene and hair care with full NW1s. Can chemicals speed up hairloss if you're already prone to male pattern baldness? Perhaps. But it's definitely negligible imo.

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, if you are from Romania, the cheapset minoxidil around here is the one from Kirkland. If you want to get on finasteride you will need a script from a derm. Most of them will only write one for propecia and not proscar, which is really cheap and you can split it. Take a note that a derm over here , even a good one, may not know that much about hairloss, and can give you some weird advices, and i understand them, barely no one treats their hairloss over here, hence the derms are not specialized on it.
I looked over this site.
http://www.minoxidil-authentic.ro/

I am not sure how good Minoxidil stuff is on their site and if it will have the same effects as the original Minoxidil.
Also I've been looking for Nizoral here.
http://www.sampon-nizoral.ro/

I was thinking about starting to use minoxidil + Nizoral to try and regrow my hair. I am not going to touch Finasteride, I'm too afraid of its side effects.