20 year old male fears hairloss

KSharma

Reaction score
Hello there, my name is Kesh. I'm a 20 year old male who believes he is losing his hair.

My hair has gone noticeably thick to thin in a matter of 6-8 months and I believe it is due to a number of factors including worry, stress and a 50/50 chance of a crash diet. I can't help but stress and think about it day and night. I take vitamin supplements for hair from holland and barrates.

I was dumped by an ex (December 2011) and I wasn't eating very well after. I got my haircut 3 times between January and June and between each haircut it takes forever to grow and My hair is thin. I also suffer from breakages of varying lengths. Everytime I run my hands through my hair at least 2 hair stands fall out and this has been going on for 3 months. I've have been shedding quite excessively. My father is only bald at the top of his head, my uncles on both sides of the family have and don't have hair, my mothers father had his hair. I have been eating more healthy now in hopes of something good and I also excercise but very minimal.

My hair is not considerably thin to the point where people have noticed, I ask for re assurance from family and friends and they always tell me I have a head full of hair. I've just noticed the texture of my hair has changed. Near my hairline just below the middle of my head, it has become thin to the point where under light you can see my scalp and if I was to scratch there, my scalp would be visible.

My questions are:
1. How do I stop worrying about my hair? I never used to and this is one of the major upsets that I try and control.
2. How to tell if new hair growth is prominent? Ie. hair bulbs, roots and shafts. Is there any kind of home test.
3. My hair is fairly dry some days, is there anyway to restore my hair back to its former way.
4. The more i stress about it, the more damage I seem to be doing, could it be a psychological thing?
5. This one is a bit sad but how do I stop looking in the mirror? I feel this is also a culprit because I seem to tell myself that I'm losing my hair everytime I look at myself.
6. What are the white and black bulbs at the end of a hair strand?
7. How can I minimise breakages?

Thank you very much for reading this, I really appreciate it.

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
KSharma said:
1. How do I stop worrying about my hair? I never used to and this is one of the major upsets that I try and control.

either treat it or stop caring.

KSharma said:
2. How to tell if new hair growth is prominent? Ie. hair bulbs, roots and shafts. Is there any kind of home test.

use before and after pictures

KSharma said:
3. My hair is fairly dry some days, is there anyway to restore my hair back to its former way.

i had the same thing and that went away after i starting using propecia (finasteride)

KSharma said:
4. The more i stress about it, the more damage I seem to be doing, could it be a psychological thing?

if your hair falls out in random clumps (that have no pattern) than your hair loss is due to stress. if there is a pattern than its male hair loss from genetics.

KSharma said:
5. This one is a bit sad but how do I stop looking in the mirror? I feel this is also a culprit because I seem to tell myself that I'm losing my hair everytime I look at myself.

that's the way it is with most people losing hair

KSharma said:
6. What are the white and black bulbs at the end of a hair strand?

u might need to post pictures of that

KSharma said:
7. How can I minimise breakages?

depends on what is causing the breakages. if your finger nails are breaking as well then u need to access your diet. if your finger nails are fine and your hair is breaking than mots likely is due to the actions of androgens. this can treated with a prescription drug called propecia (finasteride) and a shampoo called Nizoral (ketoconazole)