[20 Year Old Guy] Am I Balding Or Not?

kikao123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, so a few weeks ago i cut my hair, and while i'm get my hair cut i noticed that my crown looks a bit open. So now i decided to take a few pics for someone to tell me if i'm going bald or if this is just temporary, or normal? Because i've been very stressed this past weeks with this stuff.

PS: I have always had and still have good thick hair. Both my dad and my father's mother at the age of 60+ still have some hair, specially my dad, on the top of his is a bit thin that the rest, but still has a lot of hair for a 60 year old man.

IMAGES FROM 1-4 I'M USING PHONE FLASH, FROM 5-8 I'M ONLY USING ROOM LIGHT

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 228
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 199
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 201
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 200
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 194
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 204
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 213
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 213

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like early crown thinning to me. However, a wet pic would be the most telling.

Do you have those?

kikao123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like early crown thinning to me. However, a wet pic would be the most telling.

Do you have those?
Does any of these work? number 1 has flash activated the other 2 dont

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 219
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 197

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does any of these work? number 1 has flash activated the other 2 dont

Definitely early crown thinning.

I'd recommend getting on finasteride and minoxidil as soon as you can get them. I'd also recommend using Nizoral or another ketoconazole based shampoo a couple times a week.

kikao123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely early crown thinning.

I'd recommend getting on finasteride and minoxidil as soon as you can get them. I'd also recommend using Nizoral or another ketoconazole based shampoo a couple times a week.
Thanks. But should i go to a dermatologist first just to be sure, or wait a few months to know if is not temporary?

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. But should i go to a dermatologist first just to be sure, or wait a few months to know if is not temporary?

I can assure you that your crown looks very much like someone in the early stages of crown thinning. It's not temporary. I'd go to a derm so they can get you finasteride. I wouldn't wait.

kikao123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can assure you that your crown looks very much like someone in the early stages of crown thinning. It's not temporary. I'd go to a derm so they can get you finasteride. I wouldn't wait.
But could it been always like that and i never noticed? Because if you look at this photo of me 7 years ago when i was 13, there's a bit of an opening in the crown.

Attachments

• 167161_174585182585054_3714732_n.jpg
    167161_174585182585054_3714732_n.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 173

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re 110% balding. Just accept it and move on before you get stuck in the denial phase as that’s a dangerous place to be when you have a progressive condition. Get finasteride ASAP if you want the chance of having a full head of hair in your 20’s.

kikao123

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re 110% balding. Just accept it and move on before you get stuck in the denial phase as that’s a dangerous place to be when you have a progressive condition. Get finasteride ASAP if you want the chance of having a full head of hair in your 20’s.
Chill, i'm just asking because i've seen a lot of other posts where people say different things. And i'm just trying to provide as much information as i can about myself.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you get on treatments I'd recommend starting with finasteride only in the beginning. Minoxidil could be added later

kikao123

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you get on treatments I'd recommend starting with finasteride only in the beginning. Minoxidil could be added later
Do you recommend wait a few months until going to derma? Since i'm only 20 years old, and no one in my family has this history, should i wait until making rash decisions?

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you recommend wait a few months until going to derma? Since i'm only 20 years old, and no one in my family has this history, should i wait until making rash decisions?

Honestly approaching hairloss asap is the best thing to do and I understand that you are worried that you have to take drugs etc. If I were you I would have some blood work done, see that there's nothing wrong with your thyroid etc but the chances are that you're 90% thinning and get on treatments if its nothing other than genetic alopecia.

Who knows how much worse it gets, it might be like that for 5 years, maybe 1, or it might even change in a matter of months. most of us are rushing you to take treatments now because it will do you good in the future. for instance, a lot of people told me the same, I didn't, and now I regret it badly.

Just visit a dermatologist this upcoming week if you can and get on treatments asap if you want to have achance of keeping what you have

kikao123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly approaching hairloss asap is the best thing to do and I understand that you are worried that you have to take drugs etc. If I were you I would have some blood work done, see that there's nothing wrong with your thyroid etc but the chances are that you're 90% thinning and get on treatments if its nothing other than genetic alopecia.

Who knows how much worse it gets, it might be like that for 5 years, maybe 1, or it might even change in a matter of months. most of us are rushing you to take treatments now because it will do you good in the future. for instance, a lot of people told me the same, I didn't, and now I regret it badly.

Just visit a dermatologist this upcoming week if you can and get on treatments asap if you want to have achance of keeping what you have
Thanks dude.