20 y/o male with thinning hair

samwise

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Hey everyone i am a 20 y/o male with thinning hair mainly on the temple area. I am not sure as to whether its male pattern baldness and i would like your opinion on the matter. Also if its male pattern baldness then what are some solutions to stop it and maybe regrow some hair. If its not male pattern baldness then what is it? male pattern baldness actually runs in my family but all of the family members that have it started seeing shedding and thinning in their mid to end 30s. Even so can i still experience male pattern baldness at my early 20s? Actually i have done my research and found out that some solutions include minoxidil along with nizoral and a finasteride pill. But i dont really want to risk the side effects i may actually have. I read somewhere that olive oil treatments do work and i have been applying the method of rubbing olive oil on my scalp, brushing it, and leaving it to rest on the scalp for an hour then showering normally with a non toxic shampoo. I have been using this method for only 2 weeks so i cant actually say if it is working but i realized that when i brush the olive oil on my head a lot of hair breakage and shedding is occuring that can be reflected on the brush (30-35 hairs on the brush when im done). Anyways i would love your opinions and your support. Here are some pics.[/FONT]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 218
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 226
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 240

bibz

Established Member
Reaction score
It's male pattern baldness for sure.
Solution : Finasteride 1mg
minoxidil 5%
Nizoral 2%
Don't even look about the horror stories, this **** will takes you away from the REAL treatments, and you will regret that for sure.
You are in the very early stage of male pattern baldness so if you catch it right now you will be pleased with the results.
Good luck brah!

- - - Updated - - -

Your temples are only thinning so it means that you've lost the hair in these area recently. You're the type of candidate who can maintain + REGROW some hairs.

samwise

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I am usually one of the people that experience side effects of pills that's why I am a bit hesitant on consuming finasteride. Is it possible to stop the shedding of hair or at least slowing it down with only nizoral shampoo? And also what are the side effects of finasteride and are they permanent? Thanks in advance mate :)

Justeone

Reaction score
Yea I agree with bibz. GET ON FINASTERIDE AND minoxidil +NIZORAL .... Don't be afraid of the side effects it most likely will not effect you . They say the side effects if they happen will only remain while taking the drug . so at least try .5mg daily and see if you get sides... You will be very happy you got on the big 3 when you start seeing all your friends losing their hair and yours remains the same . Best of luck bro . let us know what you decide . do it soon .. don't wait like most of us did.