20 Just realised losing hair. Very depressing.

hellnah

Reaction score
I'm 20. It was pointed out a few months ago that the area around my temple is thinning out. So I started paying attention to it. Turns out it's worse than it seems. I literally, just found out now, that it's worse. It's reaching the middle of my head as you can see from the photos. Just took some pictures for the hell of it, now My self esteem is even worse. I just realised I can't look down in front of people any more. This is horrible for me. Completely destroyed my confidence. My search for treatments has lead me no where. I know about Propecia, but the side effects are horrible. Increased risk of heart disease, libido problems. It's too much. All this, as I just entered adult hood. Any solutions out there? I don't think my hair will last another year. So far, everyone i've asked on forums has told me to just go with it and shave my head off. That is NOT an option. Any help?

Thank You for taking the time to read.

20141129_144154.jpg20141129_144236.jpg20141129_145143.jpg20141129_145213.jpg

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
wtf are you talking about you cant look down in front of people anymore. You are so delusiona about how bad your hairloss is. You have male pattern baldness but it's very early so I don't see why it effects your confidence. Even coming from someone with a very keen eye for early stages of male pattern baldness (myself) I wouldn't for a second even recognize that your hair is in a state of thinning and wonder if you even have male pattern baldness at all from those pics.

Start finasteride/propecia. It doesn't have heart related side effects. It has a low incidence of sexual related side effects. If you get them, you just stop and the sides will stop. Everyone who is balding should try finasteride

hellnah

Reaction score
wtf are you talking about you cant look down in front of people anymore. You are so delusiona about how bad your hairloss is. You have male pattern baldness but it's very early so I don't see why it effects your confidence. Even coming from someone with a very keen eye for early stages of male pattern baldness (myself) I wouldn't for a second even recognize that your hair is in a state of thinning and wonder if you even have male pattern baldness at all from those pics.

Start finasteride/propecia. It doesn't have heart related side effects. It has a low incidence of sexual related side effects. If you get them, you just stop and the sides will stop. Everyone who is balding should try finasteride

I'm going to see my doctor relating to it. He'll probably send me to a dermatologist. I appreciate that, really, that you think it's not noticeable. To me, there's a spotlight on that specific area everywhere I go. Thing is, I usually spike my hair to the side, so it's even MORE noticeable then as the light shines through the thinner hairs. I've noticed that the hair is thinner on my left side. Here's some more pictures.

20141129_152018.jpg20141129_152022.jpg20141129_152043.jpg

ALSO! This guy sent me this link for these caps, he said it's a "Bad testosterone blocker" I'm not sure what that entirely means. It blocks testosterone that attacks your hair follicles? I was going to show it to my doctor.. Any thoughts on it?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
So far, everyone i've asked on forums has told me to just go with it and shave my head off. That is NOT an option. Any help?

If you are not willing to use treatments that actually work, in a few years that may be your only option.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
Give him a break, at least he is not imagining his hair loss.

There's definitely male pattern baldness pattern there, VERY early though. Even if it is not enough for you to hop on finasteride at least use ketoconazole shampoo to counteract a bit. Over time if it worsens fast, you'll have the impulse for a regimen trust me.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey hellnah, your male pattern baldness is incredibly early. It is there unfortunately. If you're serious about treating it, the most basic place to start is with a Ketoconazole shampoo and Minoxidil foam. Then go see a doctor or dermatologist and get a prescription for Finasteride, or if you want to go to the extreme, try to get Dutasteride. Those are the best known treatments out there for hair loss.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Come on guys, please give him a break. Yes, he has excellent hair, but his male pattern baldness is present. His hair loss is super early though. I myself will admit that I got super distressed when my hair loss was minor like this.

hellnah

Reaction score
This guy does not have male pattern baldness.

It's just a normal cowlick.

He's here for the attention, or to troll us.

I wish that were true. I posted some more pictures, waiting for an admin to authorise them. You'll see it in the other pictures. It got me really worried when I was having a haircut, as the barber was combing my hair to cut it, the left side was completely see through. I could see my scalp! There wasn't nearly as much hair as it used to be, especially as I look at my old photos. The temples have receded. It might look thick here, but I assure you, my hair is thin. As I'm typing this, a few hairs fell on my laptop. The shedding is terrible, especially when I shower. I run my hand through my hair, and I counted, over 60 hairs fell in my sink as I was drying my hair. That's not including the ones on my shoulders and the countless ones that went through the shower drain. Please understand, I do not mean to offend you. I have the utmost respect for any balding man. Again, I assure you, my hair is not as thick as the picture makes it out to be. It's very thin. I'm sorry if I have offended you with this. I just came here hoping there was some help before it;s too late. These good people are suggesting some good treatments. I will look them up. I appreciate this, friends!

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Although he's in the early stages, it looks like male pattern baldness and with slick wet hair would likely be quite noticeable.

Good on you for seeking advice and acting on it early.

Don't listen to the fear mongering about finasteride, jump on it and save your hair rather than regret it when you inevitably start a few years down the line.

base10

Reaction score
This guy does not have male pattern baldness.

It's just a normal cowlick.

He's here for the attention, or to troll us.

You are unbelievable FredTheBelgian. The kid is worried about his male pattern baldness. What proof do you have that he's looking for attention?
He's new/worried and has come on here for support and answers, like we all have originally, so why do you have to accuse him for being a troll?

He has hair loss early stages or not, your just being a dick. He's gonna lose it sooner or later, so don't be so quick to shun him just because he still has more hair than you do.

hellnah

Reaction score
He does not have male pattern baldness. Almost no one starts losing hair that way. Where is the recession? The diffusing?If in a few months, he posts pictures and it is clear that his hair got worse, I'll change my mind. I can guarantee you he got what he wanted and will never come back.

I had posted more pictures of my temples. I don't know why, a moderator hasn't authorised the post. Wasn't allowed to post it I think because I was new. What do you mean by I got what I wanted? What could I possibly gain from this? I have a small, barely noticeable mole on the left side just above my temple. My hairline used to grow past it, Now I have very few hairs there, and when I wash my hair it's really noticeable that it is very thin in that area.

EDIT: GO BACK TO THE FIRST PAGE! The post was authorised. You'll see it.

Plan C

Established Member
Reaction score
The guy clearly has receding at his temples. Dunno how some of you are struggling to see that.

Plan C

Established Member
Reaction score
Seems like for some of the users a first sign of male pattern baldness is a NW5

Exactly. I've made the same point so many times. Some members seem to think that unless you're far along the Norwood scale, you're not suffering from male pattern baldness. But they then also preach that catching hair loss early and taking preventative measures yields the best chance of success. Make your minds up lads.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's definitely male pattern baldness pattern there, VERY early though.

Quoted for truth.

Good luck in life buddy... pray for a cure.