20 and balding fast

jmp619

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is definitely a place where i never thought i would be. I started loosing my hair when i was 19, i was a second year Materials engineering student and rugby player so i thought stress and lack of sleep could be a cause. It began as a gradual thinning and receding hairline so i started a rogain and vitamin regimen but it wasn't effective. I was looking for answers when i stumbled upon my medical records at home. At the age of 6 i was diagnosed with Peripheral Precocious Puberty and for nearly ten years i was getting check ups every few months as i essentially grew to my maximum height at age 12 and began developing facial hair at 11. My disorder is linked to an overactive gland that produces androgen, which stimulates the production of testosterone and other masculine hormones. This has given me a predisposition for muscle growth which is welcomed, but it has also lead to a higher chance of heart and brain disease.
I haven't found a link to my disorder and premature hair-loss but there i have heard of a connection between excess androgen/ testosterone and hair loss.
I have an appointment with a physician and dermatologist in the next few weeks to see if there is a link and why my methods are not working.

any advice for someone starting to lose their hair so young or others with androgen disorders would be very helpful.

- Joe

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
stay on rogaine, preferably liquid. You can take once daily at night if you don't like that **** in your hair. Take finasteride 1mg or 1.25mg daily in addition to rogaine and maybe nizoral shampoo twice weekly (do NOT take more then 2 or 3 times a week it will ruin your hair)

If your DHT is high relative to normal range because of your condition you may want to take dutasteride instead of finasteride as it is stronger

be aware that any treatment including rogaine takes months to work, and results may not be noticeable you may just maintain what you have (which is a success)

bram1988

Reaction score
As far as the hair loss part is concerned. as mentioned above.

I'm not an expert and especially not in your specific case. So maybe someone can take all your doubts away, because they know exactly how it works on people with higher testosterone levels.

Do realize that people easily advice you to take fina and duta over here, simply because it works so good. Your condition sounds like it definitely needs an advice of a physician that knows about this stuff (and this unfortunately is not always the case). Make sure your body will not react extra heavily from messing with your hormone levels. If your current physician never bothered to look into hair loss and hair loss treatment. Go to a different one.

You are an exception because of your high testosterone levels, which is closely related to what Fina and Duta battle. This might be a good thing and maybe you will get some serious regrowth and might be the perfect candidate for Fina or Duta. But maybe it makes you more vulnerable to the side effects as well.

Last edited: