2++ Years On Minoxidil And Facing Erection Issues Lately

kanishen18

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have been an avid reader in this forum. I have previously done two successful hair transplant 2000 grafts in June 2018, and 900 graftsin 2017 and recreated a good hair line and not too bad of a density overall till my friends could not pinpoint that I was losing hair.

This is my current regime:
LLLT (started since December 2018)
Minoxidil (2 ++ years diligently since 2015)
PRP

I have not done Propecia although I have tried and realised the effects to the penis within 2 weeks.

I am.very fit. 32 years of age
Sex is close to 3 to 4 times/week
And I workout

I have been stumbling upon this huge block with morning erection and libido since February 2018.

I met the urlogist and he asked me to stop everything I am consuming or applying which is minoxidil.. Urologist told me that moremore y people from his practice are coming up in recent years for Erection issues due to low test and other health issues. Urologist also mentioned that many younger generation are saving their hairline with products ans tablets as opposed to people of his generation where they don't face erection issues in their 30sor 20s

I introduced good fibrous food such as beet root, celery and avacado.. and morning erection were coming back slowly but not 100%. I would give it a good 75%. Erection is also not instantaneous as how it used to be but I believed in time will heal

1st Experiment - Early April 2018
After 2 weeks abstaining from minoxidil, I reapplied Minoxid, and in fact and this time was a lower dosage 3% than my usual 5%. Before applying, that very morning I observed my penis, it was thicker longer and erected to a better level. And I decided applying at 10am What I noticed after 1hrw was, my energy dropped, felt lethargic, sleept and couldnt feel my penis thru out the day. It was super flaccid and soft. In fact it sort of shrinked and when I pinch the penis, it felt very soft like it's not alive. I slept earlier than usual, and felt extremely tired. The following morning erection went back to zero.

I went off minoxidil for the second time, and this time was for a week. When I'm off minoxidil, and when my gf grinds her *** on my penis, it could actually rise up for the ocasisio ans some action, hence the erection got better after a week and decided to repeat minoxidil, I had the same issues again. No morning erection, gf grinding her *** on my penis, it was flaccid and just refused to get up.

What I've realized for me is that, the minoxidil disrupts the blood flow not topically but thru out the body... It may not suppress testosterone (I just can't be sure)

I really can't believe this as well.. as it's taking me two months to recover and I'm not fully recovered but trying this experiment every 2 weeks or so..

Hence now I'm only opting for PRP and Laser helmet.

I'm not diacouraging minoxidil for anyone as I believe it worked for me... But I'm really baffled to know what is going to happen when I stop minoxidil.

Is my hair gain going to shed off.
Is PRP and laser eniuge to stimulate or at least equal to the effects of Minoxidil??

Any advise.

2++ years on minoxidil and deciding to get off... It's hard. That was my key to buying time !!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-26-14-25-42-286_com.instagram.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-04-26-14-25-42-286_com.instagram.android.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

kanishen18

Reaction score
As for my hair, I consulted my hair surgeon, and he advised me the same to get off Minoxidil but I'm only left with a much more expensive option...

Any advice on this situation

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Prp is worthless snake oil, dropping minoxidil will cause you to shed, id suggest riding it out and then get an fue ,you dont seem like you will lose much hair at that age. Or wait for brotzu and pray since it supposedly works on the same minoxidil pathways but its probably snake oil as well.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
most people at 30+ get ED much easier either way. you might just be low test and since your test gets less and less with age it might just be the reason why. doubt minoxidil could affect anything.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
basically it's the same mental issues that causes finasteride erection sides.
people get in a situation where they want to have sex, but they think back to the posts on the forums about ED and get worried. this causes their penis to go soft and they think "oh no it must be ED" and get even more worried. so their penis goes softer, etc etc.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have been using Minoxidil for 2yrs and are just now getting erection issues then it is safe to say it is not the Minoxidil (if that is even a side effect...)

Binil

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have been an avid reader in this forum. I have previously done two successful hair transplant 2000 grafts in June 2018, and 900 graftsin 2017 and recreated a good hair line and not too bad of a density overall till my friends could not pinpoint that I was losing hair.

This is my current regime:
LLLT (started since December 2018)
Minoxidil (2 ++ years diligently since 2015)
PRP

I have not done Propecia although I have tried and realised the effects to the penis within 2 weeks.

I am.very fit. 32 years of age
Sex is close to 3 to 4 times/week
And I workout

I have been stumbling upon this huge block with morning erection and libido since February 2018.

I met the urlogist and he asked me to stop everything I am consuming or applying which is minoxidil.. Urologist told me that moremore y people from his practice are coming up in recent years for Erection issues due to low test and other health issues. Urologist also mentioned that many younger generation are saving their hairline with products ans tablets as opposed to people of his generation where they don't face erection issues in their 30sor 20s

I introduced good fibrous food such as beet root, celery and avacado.. and morning erection were coming back slowly but not 100%. I would give it a good 75%. Erection is also not instantaneous as how it used to be but I believed in time will heal

1st Experiment - Early April 2018
After 2 weeks abstaining from minoxidil, I reapplied Minoxid, and in fact and this time was a lower dosage 3% than my usual 5%. Before applying, that very morning I observed my penis, it was thicker longer and erected to a better level. And I decided applying at 10am What I noticed after 1hrw was, my energy dropped, felt lethargic, sleept and couldnt feel my penis thru out the day. It was super flaccid and soft. In fact it sort of shrinked and when I pinch the penis, it felt very soft like it's not alive. I slept earlier than usual, and felt extremely tired. The following morning erection went back to zero.

I went off minoxidil for the second time, and this time was for a week. When I'm off minoxidil, and when my gf grinds her *** on my penis, it could actually rise up for the ocasisio ans some action, hence the erection got better after a week and decided to repeat minoxidil, I had the same issues again. No morning erection, gf grinding her *** on my penis, it was flaccid and just refused to get up.

What I've realized for me is that, the minoxidil disrupts the blood flow not topically but thru out the body... It may not suppress testosterone (I just can't be sure)

I really can't believe this as well.. as it's taking me two months to recover and I'm not fully recovered but trying this experiment every 2 weeks or so..

Hence now I'm only opting for PRP and Laser helmet.

I'm not diacouraging minoxidil for anyone as I believe it worked for me... But I'm really baffled to know what is going to happen when I stop minoxidil.

Is my hair gain going to shed off.
Is PRP and laser eniuge to stimulate or at least equal to the effects of Minoxidil??

Any advise.

2++ years on minoxidil and deciding to get off... It's hard. That was my key to buying time !!
Hi , were you able to completely recover from sexual side effect of minoxidil. I am having similar issues ,curios to know if it recovers overtime. I am very scared about my sexual life due to this issue.