2 Years On Finasteride. Pics To Compare Included

noidea

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey. I'm just going into my 3rd year on finasteride. I haven't noticed any significant changes in my hairline in those two years, but my opinion is probably biased, so I'm here asking for yours.

The first pic is from over 2 years ago before I started taking the pills. The other one is about 2 weeks old. My hair is much longer than it used to be. Sorry for the bad quality, they were both taken with the same webcam.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I've also been washing my hair with Nizoral shampoo twice a week for about a year.

Attachments

• asdd.png
    asdd.png
    266.5 KB · Views: 247
  • asd.png
    asd.png
    272 KB · Views: 254

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks a little better, especially in the corners. Some of the miniaturized hairs probably came back. But your type of loss is going to get less of a turn around, the type just marches backward until there's nothing less.

Someone with diffused loss with lots of miniaturized hairs throughout, that are still more than 50% it's original diameter are going to get the most out of the drug, especially at the hairline.

noidea

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks a little better, especially in the corners. Some of the miniaturized hairs probably came back. But your type of loss is going to get less of a turn around, the type just marches backward until there's nothing less.

Someone with diffused loss with lots of miniaturized hairs throughout, that are still more than 50% it's original diameter are going to get the most out of the drug, especially at the hairline.
I'll be happy if I can just maintain what I have, honestly. I am not looking for regrowth, although it would be a nice bonus. Thanks for your reply.

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No major sides ? Can I ask if you are on pill or topical ? 1mg or 5mg ?

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
looks a lot better TBH, hair looks thicker and "healthier", hair looks fuller, temples more dense, etc..

more pics? congrats!

noidea

My Regimen
Reaction score
No major sides ? Can I ask if you are on pill or topical ? 1mg or 5mg ?
I remember that my testicles hurt, nipples got more sensitive, and erections were probably a bit weaker, but all of that went away and now I don't see any side effects.
I cut a 5mg pill into quarters and have one quarter every day.

looks a lot better TBH, hair looks thicker and "healthier", hair looks fuller, temples more dense, etc..

more pics? congrats!
Denser temples are probably just an illusion caused by my hair being longer, but I'll take it! I'll post more photos in a few months eventually. I don't want to start obsessing over my hair again.