2 Years On Finasteride Gyno Symptoms

den33142

Reaction score
I have been on Finasteride for about 2 years with very good results, I even posted a thread here with pictures of my progress, I have had no hairloss since the initial shed about 1.5 years ago and my hair is back to how it looked when i was in my early 20's (I am 29 now).

Unfortunately for the last 3 months i have had discomfort in my breast area, It is more concentrated on my left side, In fact my left nipple looks slightly different than my right nipple now, It is pointier than before. I have also noticed that i am storing more fat in my chest area than before, I have slight sensitivity on both nipples although i do not feel any lumps as some here have mentioned.

I did get a blood test done about 3 weeks ago and finally got the results, I have not spoken to a doctor to go over the results but i will post it here and hopefully one of you can tell me if anything looks odd.

Note that the test is pretty long and comprehensive, I will post only what i think is important.

COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC PANEL:
GLUCOSE "72" (Reference Range: 65-99 mg/dL)
UREA NITROGEN (BUN) 30 H (Reference Range: 7-25 mg/dL)
CREATININE 1.16 (Reference Range: 0.60-1.35 mg/dL)

TESTOSTERONE, FREE (DIALYSIS) AND TOTAL,MS

TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL: 497 (Reference Range: 250-1100 ng/dL)
FREE TESTOSTERONE: 52.7 (Reference Range: 35.0-155.0 pg/mL)
ESTRADIOL: 38 (Reference Range: < OR = 39 pg/mL)

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont think blood tests help as much as people say. If your within the normal ranges what then? How does knowing you have high estradiol really help you I mean how would you lower that or fix it?
I would go with a simpler approach. Lower the dose, or stop completely unless you want to risk it. What other options are there? IDK
Maybe not a super helpful answer, but I dont think there is much out there besides guess and check for this stuff. Someone with high estradiol might not get gyno it just depends.

den33142

Reaction score
Anyone else have any suggestions? I stopped taking Finesteride 3 days ago and already the pain/sensitivity is gone so I know its finasteride that's causing the problem.

I have been taking 50mg of Zinc for about a month which I heard was a weak Estrogen Inhibitor but it has not helped.

It's a shame because Finesteride has worked really well, I have gone from an obvious NW3 to almost looking like I'm not balding.

My thinking is to stop for about a month and then start again in a smaller dose, I am hoping that this does not cause a major shed, I am still applying Minoxidil daily.

den33142

Reaction score
Since no one has bothered to reply I will post the regime I started as of yesterday.

1.) I have reduced Finesteride to 0.25mg daily (I heard this was the lowest effective amount).

2.) Started taking 300mg DIM, From all of my research this is suppose to make estrogen convert to a good form of estrogen (The kind that does not cause gyno).

3.) 50mg of Zinc daily (Its suppose to me a mild estrogen inhibitor)

4.) Minoxidil Foam once a day

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else have any suggestions? I stopped taking Finesteride 3 days ago and already the pain/sensitivity is gone so I know its finasteride that's causing the problem.

I have been taking 50mg of Zinc for about a month which I heard was a weak Estrogen Inhibitor but it has not helped.

It's a shame because Finesteride has worked really well, I have gone from an obvious NW3 to almost looking like I'm not balding.

My thinking is to stop for about a month and then start again in a smaller dose, I am hoping that this does not cause a major shed, I am still applying Minoxidil daily.

I wouldnt stop for a month just lower the dosage. Zinc could indeed help. I did try finasteride but got all the sides that are unwanted. Im trying pumkinseed with extra zinc now ,saw palmetto, grape seed and green thea.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I wouldnt stop for a month just lower the dosage. Zinc could indeed help. I did try finasteride but got all the sides that are unwanted. Im trying pumkinseed with extra zinc now ,saw palmetto, grape seed and green thea.

Good luck. Having tried all the natural supplement crap under the sun I will say your going to need it. Your not the first to try that route. Immortal hair had a huge following, and all his own supplement combinations to use. I never heard of 1 person ever with pictures showing any hair regrowth or even stoppage from it.

Charlie Foxtrot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since no one has bothered to reply I will post the regime I started as of yesterday.

1.) I have reduced Finesteride to 0.25mg daily (I heard this was the lowest effective amount).

2.) Started taking 300mg DIM, From all of my research this is suppose to make estrogen convert to a good form of estrogen (The kind that does not cause gyno).

3.) 50mg of Zinc daily (Its suppose to me a mild estrogen inhibitor)

4.) Minoxidil Foam once a day

Interesting and good luck with your new regimen man! Did you have any problems with gyno in your teenage years? I had really mild gyno when I hit puberty. I didn’t even know it was gyno until now, never thought anything from it and it was not noticeable. Just a bit uncomfortable feeling but I’m wondering it that gives me increased chances of gyno now. Anyone?

Also, how does your DIM work? And is that healthy, for as far as you can tell, in the long run?

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck. Having tried all the natural supplement crap under the sun I will say your going to need it. Your not the first to try that route. Immortal hair had a huge following, and all his own supplement combinations to use. I never heard of 1 person ever with pictures showing any hair regrowth or even stoppage from it.

Yeah i know. Lets hope on luck and will surely post pictures. Cant take minoxidil and finast because of extreme sides. Probably sensitive. I even get b**ch tits from nettle root.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah i know. Lets hope on luck and will surely post pictures. Cant take minoxidil and finast because of extreme sides. Probably sensitive. I even get b**ch tits from nettle root.

Yeah I can understand though. You gotta do what you gotta do right? If propecia fails you options are pretty limited.