2 year + users:

justin

Established Member
Reaction score
How much better do you feel the quality of your hair got from the 1 year mark to the two year mark. I'm at about a year, with decent results, and I'm wondering what I can expect within the next year.

I'm a norwood 2ish, with mild frontal diffuse thinning. I'm not really looking to regrow my temples completely, but it'd be nice if the front thickened up a bit. I'm fairly certain the rest of my hair is very stable and maintaining, at this point. If there ever was a problem beginning at the vertex, I'm pretty sure finasteride has taken care of it. The front may have thickened up a bit already, due to finasteride, but it's hard to say because I think most of the hair I lost up there was from a rogaine shed (which I quit, before I ever saw any solid results.) Overall, I'm looking a bit better than a year ago, but maybe still a little worse in certain spots at the temples. Part of me believes I'll only maintain or slow down at this point on my current regimen, and in a way I'm okay with that for now. But I'm fairly optimistic that this next year of treatment will push things along a little more. Either way, I'm sticking with this regimen for at least another year.

Pondle

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for a little over two years now. I'd didn't see easily-perceptible regrowth but further loss definitely halted (I noticed the reduction in daily shedding around month 3) and there was possibly some modest thickening over the first year. I think that my hair is kinda stable at the moment. I don't think you should ever expect dramatic results from finasteride - it's great for maintaining, less impressive for regrowth.

justin

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not really looking for a ton of regrowth per se. Like I said, I'm pretty much okay with the amount of temple recession at the moment.. but I really would like to just thicken up the front a bit. I don't think I'm at a stage where people really notice it, but there is a definite difference in density in the front from the rest of my hair. I don't really want to do the rogaine thing again, in part because of the hassle at this point in my life, but mostly because I think most of the thinning occurred while I was using it the first time. After a few months, I just dropped it and things started to get back to around baseline. I'm not blaming rogaine, I just think it was a mistake to jump on it at that point. I was much less educated and pretty desperate when I first noticed a little thinning.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just got to the 2 year mark. Lets say that after the first year I have pretty much stayed the same to where I was a year ago which is pretty good in my book. I'm also on minoxidil so Its hard to know if its just finasteride maintaining.