2 year update!

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...

I havent been in these forums for a very long time. Today thought to check back to see if something new has come up. But sadly its the same old stories...same old concerns...same old sides...same old products!

Anyways..back to the point...a little introduction...25 yo male...about Norwood 3 now...started balding at 19...and thought would be bald by now.

Did not do anything...till I was 23 until I hit this forum but was scared to get on Finasteride because of sides. So started using 5% minoxidil twice a day along with 1% Nizoral for 6 months...and hair got thicker. But it was a pain to apply it each morning and wait it to dry. So then dropped it cold turkey...BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost a lot of density...and went from Norwood 2 to Norwood 3.

Then when recovered a bit, got a prescription for Finasteride...and started 1/4 proscar in March 05 while continuing 1% Nizoral. Now almost 1 and half years and not much change in hair...hairline...density. Although I feel, I am slowly losing the battle...

I have been a regular user of toppik and couvre which conceals pretty well. I tried Dermmatch ..but I did not find it that great...toppik by far is the best and easiest to apply.

I am getting married in the next year..and then I will drop Finasteride and start using Dr. Lee's minoxidil which dries quickly.

With Finasteride..I always had weaker erections...and dont get sexually excited so easily. Before finasteride, I was 1 horny bull. A couple of my sex encounters were so embarassing as I could not get it up and when I did...it was quite weak to stimulate the girl. But I know that if i get off Finasteride..I will go bald.

I will try to post some photos of my progress soon.

Keep spamming boys! :)

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
can i just ask, have you witnessed runny semen and less ejaculate as side effects from finasteride?

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
andrew.. i saw your other post about same issue..
well, yes, when i finish sex/jackinoff it looks really watery as if there is no sperms in it. thats one of the reasons i decided to stop finasteride.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
have u tried lowering the finasteride dosage before going off of it completely?

CCS

Reaction score
take arginine. that will fix your errections. the only reason finasteride stops errections is it stops your ability to make some arginine, I read, which is needed for NO which is needed for errections.

only problem is i also read arginine is an essential amino acid, which the body can't make, so I don't know if the first claim is even true.

but arginine should help errections.

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
too bald too furious said:
MPBWarrior said:
have u tried lowering the finasteride dosage before going off of it completely?

The Proscar tablet is too small to cut it into pieces > 4 :-x
yeah seriously... it iis too small to cut smalleer than 1mg dose..
but yea..i stopped finasteride but im thinking about getting back on it.
i think i was too afraid of the side more than what it actually did to me.
male pattern baldness warrier thanks for... i dunno
you are the one that kept encouraging me to keep up with the treatment.
whether it works or not, i appreciate your help man! good luck to you too

CCS

Reaction score
if you can't cut a pill in 4 pieces using a pill cutter, then you are dexterily challanged.