2 questions regarding minoxidil

hhrock

Reaction score
i've been using spectral dnc for over 2 months now. my hair never really was bad. in the beginning, it was only ment to be used on my forehead, but after examining my hair closely i noticed slight diffused thinning (could be in my head, im not sure). so now, i put almost .5ml on my forehead, which is more than enough, and a little over .5ml on the rest of my head. now to questions:

1) i noticed my hair looks thinner now, and i know for sure it's from the minoxidil. i haven't noticed much shedding but i guess it somehow managed to sneak on me. i just wanna know if the hair i lost (the good hair that i still had on my hair prior to using minoxidil) will get recovered even if i stop using minoxidil? i think about just using it on the temples.

2) another question is about the way i apply minoxidil. i go from the back of my head and "draw" a line with a dropper going straight to the hairline. then i skip about one fourth of an inch and apply another line next to it and so forth. my question is, will the minoxidil spread out to the whole scalp even though i technically don't apply it everywhere? i would find it hard to believe that it would only grow hair on these "lines" since we know how minoxidil can affect hair on the whole body so it surely must spread out under the skin.

i'd really appreciate any feedback, as my situation is pretty frustrating. thanks.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
To answer your first question I started minoxidil 3 months ago and after one month I had my hair line pretty much gone. Now, two months later I have recovered what I had and actually grew in a little more hair.

With regards to the way you apply it, you should put the dropper directly in the area were you want to grow hair. minoxidil does spread out to nearby areas though so expect some regrowth there but you need to try your best in covering the whole area to achieve max results. You should try to spread the solution with either your hands or the dropper if you are using minoxidil on your whole head.

tommyblah

Reaction score
yeah, definitely cover your entire problem area. i was applying just to the hairline for a while until i noticed thinning behind it. at about the same time i had noticed my eyebrows extending outward and nearly connecting with my hair on the sides of my head....and i certainly never applied minoxidil there, nor do i let it drip down there. so it was no doubt spreading out, just not where i would have wanted it to. i began applying to the thinning area and it began to thicken out very soon after; definitely not 4 months like the initial wait.

i only fill to the 1ml mark and if i don't cover all the area i want, i move it around with my hands. works fine.