2 Months Regimen Progress And Couple Questions

Doctoriron

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm suffering from male pattern baldness like most of you. I'm 19 and i've been shedding since i was 16. I believe i'm Norwood 3 with diffuse thinning on whole crown area. Anyways, i've been using minoxidil for 5 months and finasteride (also ketoconazole and microneedling) for 2 months now. But, i haven't had any progress yet. In fact, i'm shedding more than any time now (200-250 per day). I know it's too early to see progress but i feel so fucked up because of my shedding. Also, my hair texture changed since i started shedding. I used to have straight thick hair but now my hair is a little bit curly and thin on my crown are. Can finasteride also fix my hair texture problem ? Another question is: When did you first notice that your hair become healthier after you start finasteride? (I'll add some photos)

Attachments

• 20191030_203157.jpg
    20191030_203157.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 20191030_203216.jpg
    20191030_203216.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 20191030_203245.jpg
    20191030_203245.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 125
  • 20191030_203312.jpg
    20191030_203312.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 133

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Give it time. Hair cycles are a b**ch; they are slow as f***. It may even take up for a year or two to see the full results from Finas.

Finas should be really good for your kind of Androgenetic Alopecia (it's mine as wll). I've been on it for nearly two months and I'm more or less like you: shedding.

But shedding it's a good sign.

Wait, and wait, and wait. It's the only thing you can do right now. Consider the fact that regrowth doesn't always happen with Finas but that wouldn't mean it's not working. Keeping all your actual hair is a victory for you.

Doctoriron

My Regimen
Reaction score
Give it time. Hair cycles are a b**ch; they are slow as f***. It may even take up for a year or two to see the full results from Finas.

Finas should be really good for your kind of Androgenetic Alopecia (it's mine as wll). I've been on it for nearly two months and I'm more or less like you: shedding.

But shedding it's a good sign.

Wait, and wait, and wait. It's the only thing you can do right now. Consider the fact that regrowth doesn't always happen with Finas but that wouldn't mean it's not working. Keeping all your actual hair is a victory for you.

I don't expect extreme results. Maintaining would be very great i guess. And u are right man, waiting and shedding makes me feel so fucked up when all my friends have full head of hair. Thanks for your reply, i wish you best.

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't expect extreme results. Maintaining would be very great i guess. And u are right man, waiting and shedding makes me feel so fucked up when all my friends have full head of hair. Thanks for your reply, i wish you best.

I'm 23 and I understand how you feel; timing is bad. I wouldn't care as much if I were 50 but I'm still young and I'm actually worried I won't reach my 30s with hair.

That's why it's important to start the treatment as soon as possible. It'll save you years of fighting against Androgenetic Alopecia.

I'm gonna show you one thing that's written on these forums by the admins that will cheer you up:

"For the first time in human history, you don’t need to go bald. No really. You are among the first group of men in the history of humanity who otherwise would’ve gone bald, that never have to. Hair loss treatments today are effective at preventing and even reversing male pattern baldness and thinning hair.

The problem is knowing which ones are actually going to work to stop your hair loss. In order to decide on the hair loss treatments that will optimize your chances of the best results, you should understand the basics of what causes thinning hair and receding in the first place"

"Hair cycles in growth and dormancy phases every few months. The process of miniaturization therefore takes years. Reversing this process takes years as well. And this is why most guys never succeed at it.

They expect results in 3 months, see some initial shedding, and throw in the towel.

But not you. You’re smarter than they are. And that’s why you’re going to see results.

Treatments take time. Improved results are seen with each new 3-5 month cycle, and peak hair growth is typically not seen until the 2 year mark. It’s at this point that you can expect to plateau at whatever level you’ve attained. And by that point if you’re on a proper set of hair loss products, you should be happy with your results."

We are young. We'll see how Androgenetic Alopecia is cured, Im sure of it. It's just a few years ahead.

Doctoriron

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 23 and I understand how you feel; timing is bad. I wouldn't care as much if I were 50 but I'm still young and I'm actually worried I won't reach my 30s with hair.

That's why it's important to start the treatment as soon as possible. It'll save you years of fighting against Androgenetic Alopecia.

I'm gonna show you one thing that's written on these forums by the admins that will cheer you up:

"For the first time in human history, you don’t need to go bald. No really. You are among the first group of men in the history of humanity who otherwise would’ve gone bald, that never have to. Hair loss treatments today are effective at preventing and even reversing male pattern baldness and thinning hair.

The problem is knowing which ones are actually going to work to stop your hair loss. In order to decide on the hair loss treatments that will optimize your chances of the best results, you should understand the basics of what causes thinning hair and receding in the first place"

"Hair cycles in growth and dormancy phases every few months. The process of miniaturization therefore takes years. Reversing this process takes years as well. And this is why most guys never succeed at it.

They expect results in 3 months, see some initial shedding, and throw in the towel.

But not you. You’re smarter than they are. And that’s why you’re going to see results.

Treatments take time. Improved results are seen with each new 3-5 month cycle, and peak hair growth is typically not seen until the 2 year mark. It’s at this point that you can expect to plateau at whatever level you’ve attained. And by that point if you’re on a proper set of hair loss products, you should be happy with your results."

We are young. We'll see how Androgenetic Alopecia is cured, Im sure of it. It's just a few years ahead.
What is your regimen by the way

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride 1mg per day, ketoconazol shampoo 2 times per week, and vitamins for hair.

I'm only two months in so I'm waiting to see what effects they have on my hair.

I'm not really bad at this point so I have a lot of hope. If regrowth doesn't happen, I'll add Minoxidil to the mix. But I'm waiting till February-March at least for that.

OnThePill

My Regimen
Reaction score
I suggest to not use minoxidil because it makes things worse and you have to use it twice a day forever. I don't think you are at the point where you need minoxidil. You could always add it later if it gets that bad. The shedding will be worse on minoxidil (from what I have seen).

Fixing your diet and keeping your scalp healthy is always good; it will likely slow things down more. You don't wont inflammation anywhere. And no smoking or other harmful stuff, including shitty food.

Finasteride 1mg a day at least. If that doesn't work you might want to switch to dutasteride 0.5mg a day. It depends on your sensitivity to DHT.

It takes at least 4 weeks for the drugs to saturate your system. Then it takes about 3 months to see some progress. Month one will be the worst because the drugs will kick out the "dead" hair first while your body slowly thickens the growing hairs. Then in the next 3 months you might see some new little hairs popping up if your current hair isn't concealing them.

Remember hair takes a long time to grow especially for people that have miniaturization.

I am patiently waiting to reach my fourth week on finasteride 1mg. I just took my daily dose. In six days I will have hit 4 weeks. I hope all my shedding will go away in the next couple of weeks. Then I will be monitoring for regrowth. I will likely cut my hair shorter to better spot new hairs, but right now it's cold.