2 months progress

circusrat

Reaction score
update for ya:

been nearly 2 months on 5% minoxidil and probably 1 month on generic finasteride. Also throwing in 2% nizoral every couple days for good measure.

Started because I noticed thinning on the left side of my hairline, making my widows peak look even peakier, hairline in general just jaggy and thinning.

I don't think i've been on the finasteride long enough for it to do much, Also, i'm not 100% positive the stuff is legit, as it was cheap, from india, and came in the form of very small white pills.

For about 4 days after starting finasteride, I did notice a very strange mild pain in my testicles. Which, I supppose, lends some credibility to its authenticity. Beyond that, I've had absolutely no side effects, as the pain has since gone away.

Well that minoxidil seems to pretty much be hair in a bottle. Exactly where I applied it, lots of hairs have begun to grow. They are pigmented, dark, and there are a fair amount of them. It seems to have worked better on one temple than the other, no clue why. Since its only been 2 months, of course these hairs that have begun growing are small and lend no real cosmetic benefit, it will definitely take 6 months or so for them to reach the length of the rest of my hair, assuming they continue growing and don't fall out.

It's definitely too early to really pass a serious judgement. We'll have to see if these hairs that are growing mature, and if/when they do, what kind of cosmetic benefit i'll get.

But I can say for sure, minoxidil induces hair growth on the temples and front of your head just fine, so if you didn't already believe that, I can attest to the fact.

I'm optimistic about how my hair will look 7-8 months from now. As I want the rest of it to thicken up as well. The hairline is where the problem started, so i'm attacking that with the minoxidil, but i think my whole head has less hair than it did a year or two ago.

23 and fighting the mature hairline, because - frankly, i'd like it to stay as immature as the rest of me.

Lanza

Reaction score
COngratualtions. I've been on minoxidil for 1 month and an shedding. Did you shed ? I have no idea if it is my sensitive skin reacting to minoxidil.

circusrat

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't pay attention to shedding. I don't see how anyone can scientifically tell if they are shedding or not anyway.

I mean, yea alot of hair comes off my head when i shower or style it, but I have no baseline to compare this to, because I never paid attention to fallen hairs before in my life. I think people just start noticing fallen hairs all over the place when male pattern baldness becomes an issue for them, but the amount of hair they lose is close to what they have been losing most of their life, it just comes to the forefront of their mind.

as for the side effects of minoxidil: Slight itching a few hours after I apply it. White residue which makes the applied areas look dry and maybe a bit scaly. But its not anything you would notice unless you were 6 inches from my hairline.

Application hassle minimum, I work in an office with one other person and really don't care what I look like in the morning after application. Come home, shower and shampoo. Style, go out free of greasy hair. Come home, apply before bed, sleep, repeat.

I could see how it would suck if you really had to look your best every morning. But even then its not that noticeable, if you gel it up you can't tell the greasy stuff is minoxidil and not hair gel.