2 months of Rogaine Foam on hairline [photos]

Dedge89

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just a little picture here of results of Rogaine Foam on my hairline over the past 2 and a abit months. The pictures are roughly at the same angle, and my hair was buzzed to a grade 1 on the top for both pictures, however my sides are significantly shorter in the second photo. As you can see the hairline has fixed up quite abit. In case you think this is just a camera perception, I've been analysing my hair in the mirror under different lighting at the end of every week and it's definately improved. I'm quite surprised that I've only been on the rogaine foam for 2months and it's working well. I've also been using it on my crown for about a month too and you can see that it's filling out on one side but still quite thin on the other, probably down to the fact it's been shedding (initial minoxidil shed) and should be a sign of better things to come!

I haven't posted this in the success board because it's hardly a success yet but I'm hoping alot of people who come on here looking to find out if minoxidil can work on the hairline get abit of encouragement from this. Can't wait for the 6 month mark!

Oh and I am aware theres some foam left on my crown in the first picture lol. :p

Peace.

Edit: Direct link - http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4613/2monthsnew.jpg

Attachments

• 2monthsNEW.jpg
    2monthsNEW.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 3,028

Dedge89

Reaction score
Thanks man! I'm also almost at the 7 month mark with finasteride so hopefully that kicks in with some regrowth and thickens my overall crown abit and then I'd be a very happy geeza! :)

Dedge89

Reaction score
finfighter said:
Dedge89 said:
Thanks man! I'm also almost at the 7 month mark with finasteride so hopefully that kicks in with some regrowth and thickens my overall crown abit and then I'd be a very happy geeza! :)

So did you see any improvement from the finasteride before you added minoxidil?

It's hard to tell. that first picture is after being on finasteride roughly 3-4 months on finasteride, I think that state was worse than baseline, however I don't have any good baseline pictures so it's really hard to me to judge. However I don't think there was any improvement before minoxidil.

It's also possible minoxidil hasn't done anything these last 2 months and it was the finasteride finally kicking in after that shed ~3 months into it, but I still think it's more likely to be the minoxidil.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
Dedge89 said:
finfighter said:
Dedge89 said:

So did you see any improvement from the finasteride before you added minoxidil?

It's hard to tell. that first picture is after being on finasteride roughly 3-4 months on finasteride, I think that state was worse than baseline, however I don't have any good baseline pictures so it's really hard to me to judge. However I don't think there was any improvement before minoxidil.

It's also possible minoxidil hasn't done anything these last 2 months and it was the finasteride finally kicking in after that shed ~3 months into it, but I still think it's more likely to be the minoxidil.
hi dedge,

whats your finasteride regimen? how often/how much do u take?

Dedge89

Reaction score
BlahBlah12 said:
hi dedge,

whats your finasteride regimen? how often/how much do u take?

Yo man! I buy Fincar from inhouse pharmacy and split it into quarters and take it once per day usually (I might miss one day per week due to being busy or not at home). So that's 1.25mg per day. Hope that helps :)

Rutt

Established Member
Reaction score
that's insanely good, NW3 turned NW2 at least.

so good a little part of me is tempted to say it's a lie and viral advertising haha

what kind of density do you have in that region?

Dedge89

Reaction score
Rutt said:
that's insanely good, NW3 turned NW2 at least.

so good a little part of me is tempted to say it's a lie and viral advertising haha

what kind of density do you have in that region?

Haha, I assure you it's not.

The density is ok in that region, the hairs are the same thickness as the rest of the scalp but it's not as thick as my hair was 2 years ago though it's definately improving. The right side of my hairline which was the weaker one in the first picture is a mixture of solid re-thickened hairs and some new peachy hairs so it's hard to tell.
I keep my sides short pretty much all the time (I fade my own hair) so the relative thinness on top isn't noticeable. I'm hoping to thicken up the crown and then some overal extra thickness on the top and it should be on the way to full recovery.

Also why would you say a NW2 atleast? What's the difference between say a NW1 and NW2 since my hairline was NEVER a NW1? Looking at my avatar you can see my temples are squared out nicely and have always been like that. Just asking because the Norwood scale seems so subjective.

thanks anyway geeza :)

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Excellent results man, congrats! :) You're very lucky to have caught and fixed it early. My hairline is gradually evening up week by week but I'm still a long way behind you.

Your hairline looks great. To me a straight hairline like that doesn't warrant talking about norwoods.

Hopefully you can now maintain for many years to come. Go out an enjoy :D

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Great results for 2 months, you must be one of the best minoxidil responders on this site to date.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really nice results. Thanks for sharing.

How long did it take for you to do something about your hair loss? Did you act quickly or did you take several years to get on a treatment?

VIN-DIESEL

Reaction score
great man! hoping for the same results with minoxidil. I quit finasteride a long time ago, not worth the risks..

Hound

Reaction score
Wow, bro that is bonkers, mad success. And I thought this Minoxidil wasn't supposed to work on the hairline?

I always make a point of RUBBING IT IN REALLY REALLY HARD on the hairline just in case, you know, because the only reason the trials probably gave poor results is cos they WEREN'T RUBBING IT IN HARD ENOUGH, the buffoons. Anyone else do that? Or just me...

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hound said:
Wow, bro that is bonkers, mad success. And I thought this Minoxidil wasn't supposed to work on the hairline?

I always make a point of RUBBING IT IN REALLY REALLY HARD on the hairline just in case, you know, because the only reason the trials probably gave poor results is cos they WEREN'T RUBBING IT IN HARD ENOUGH, the buffoons. Anyone else do that? Or just me...

Yeah what finfighter said is true.

UpJohn(Rogaine makers) arent buffoons. They just didnt test it for the hairline area so cant make the claim with FDA backing that it works there. But it can and does. Works anywhere.

dam

Reaction score
Wow thanks for posting this success, do you apply the minoxidil directly to the frontal hairline? or just below the hairline? Thanks so much for the post.

Dedge89

Reaction score
Hey, sorry for the lack of replies have been very busy last few days!

@JimmyNeutron I first noticed my hairline was slightly less thick than the rest of my hair about 2 years ago. It was well random because just one day out the blue I was at my ex's and looked at the mirror and noticed it. From there on it got better then worse again and about a year and a half ago my crown started thinning. Obviously I was in denial for awhile so I didn't start as early as I could of. I'd say i've been suffering from male pattern baldness for about 2 and a half years in total now.

I did also have a 2 month stint with minoxidil liquid during the june-july period last year. However, I stopped due to the horrible dry scalp flakes and itching I was getting. My hairline seemed to get worse after this, I'm guessing perhaps a minoxidil withdrawal shed..

@Dam I apply it to the hairline itself. Obviously some fraction of the foam will go slightly under the hairline (where I'm growing lotsa random vellus hairs) but my goal was mostly to thicken so I've been applying directly to the thinning areas, luckily theres been regrowth aswell too though!!

One thing I've noticed though is I'm getting random and really fine hairs on unusual areas on my face. These can only be seen REALLY close in the mirror so its not a worry really. This includes the area between my temples and the arch of my eyebrows and also around my cheekbones. I've also noticed my beard growth has gone crazy in the last 2 months, not necesserily as in growth speed but rate of new hairs coming up, not that I'm complaining though, love designer stubble!!