2 month update

projectb36

Reaction score
hey guys, i've been on 5% minoxidil for two months and a lil bit and i have a lot of peach fuzz where i used to be clean bald at my temples. I am very excited with the results but who knows if they will start to turn dark. I am also on propecia 1mg sinc summer of 02 which did nothing for me but i'm still on it. minoxidil rocks

20something

Established Member
Reaction score
Propecia's claim to fame is maintenance. So if you're haven't lost anything more over the past year, there's a good chance it's doing something. A lot of people think it's not doing anything for them when they use it with minoxidil so they drop it, and then start to shed. Or they'll drop the minoxidil thinking propecia was doing all the work and they shed too.

My own concern is my hairline so I'm on Xandrox to regrow a tiny bit at the temples and propecia to prevent further thinning anywhere else.

If you start a regimen that's working for you, best to stick with it unless you want to play russian roulette.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
how has the minoxidil affected ur scalp? and whats ur opinion on time it takes to dry etc?

is there a good alternative to minoxidil that can regrow hair without scalp side-effects and wont cause so much shedding when u stop? finally, propecia can maintain but what capacity does it have to regrow (if most of ur loss is pretty recent)?