2 month report on Rogaine

Theguy

Reaction score
And what a two months its been. I'm only using rogaine because I still have most of my hair. I'm still at a NW2 but its getting much better. All my hair on my crown that was thinning is now much stronger. Whenever I used to run my hand through my hair I'd get about 6 strands each time. Now I get about 1 to 2, sometimes even none.

All along my temples the hair that had been miniturizing is growing back thicker. My head is itching like a banshee though. And I do have so pretty nasty dandruff. For that I'm using head and shoulders dandruff control with volume adder stuff. It works alright, but I'll be switching to Nizoral 1% once the bottle is finished. School starts in another week and I'm curious to how people are going to react to my newly thickened hair.

G

You didnt get any regrowth? You shed at all? Are you using anything else?

Axon

Reaction score
YoungGuy17 said:
You didnt get any regrowth? You shed at all? Are you using anything else?

He did get regrowth.

Theguy, try some Nutrogena T-Gel or perhaps the overnight T-GEL formula...also, consider switching to Dr. Lee's Minoxidil - it's less greasy and tends to make the scalp itch less.

Theguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice axon. I think I'll see how I react to nizoral before considering to switch to Dr. Lee's formula. Also, where can I get T-gel? Im assuming at my local supermarket right?

hopewas

Reaction score
you can get it basically anywhere,,there are a lot of neutrigena t gels though.. get the neutrogena intensive antiflakecontrol dandruff shampoo one though..it's the best

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Head & Shoulders does not compare to Nizoral as regards dandruff treatment. The 2% stuff is great, but your right, minoxidil does make the scalp flake (this is the acohol in it, used to increase absorbtion).

T-Gel is a good idea too. Keep up the good work! :hairy:

Marsden

Reaction score
Havn't been here for a while. Started on a Rogaine regimen about 6 months ago. At first, diligently applied 1mg morning and night. However, most of that time i've been doing it only in the morning before a shower as I hate the way it leaves the hair greasy. I tend to apply about 1.5mg to compensate.

I am not seeing anything yet but it appears that my shedding has decreased but am also prone to the period sheds lasting a few days (of which I am on right now). I understand that this is normal and am not worried about it.

Soon after I began I was thiking of adding propecia to the diet but decided not to and experiment with minoxidil only for about a year.

Any suggestions on where I should go from here?