2 mg finasteride per week...

desar

Established Member
Reaction score
is it even worth it? I have been thinking of trying finasteride again, but at a smaller dose in hopes of keeping side effects minimal. Would 1 or 2 mg a week be even slightly helpful. I am hoping that lowering dht internally even a little could be beneficial? ANy info appreciated.
Thanks,
Desar

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Hi Desar -

Great question.

The clinical data tells us that you can go down to 0.5mg and still see some results, although many guys need that full 1mg (me included!). I encourage you to check out the various doses they tried with Propecia and hair counts in our resource library here:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/resourcelibrary

However....... thats 0.5mg daily. The general logic here is its suggested that you use a daily dose of at least something. Using 1mg every few days is never recommended in any of the clinical data we've read.

You can get a custom compounded amount (even down to 0.000 specificity!) from sites like http://www.communitydrug.com. For awhile there, due to side effects, I went down to 0.725mg daily. When that didnt do the trick, I lowered to 0.5mg daily for about 3 weeks. Always give it a few weeks to see how you tolerate it. When that still wasn't low enough, I went down to 0.275mg and then just said nevermind.

But try to stick to a daily dose.

You can also dissolve Propecia in alcohol and split it into equivilent liquid parts, store the rest in the fridge, and get your own "custom compounded" amount too ... its just a little bit of math and liquid measurements... if you dont want to pay community drug to do it.

Good luck

HairLossTalk.com

desar

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com,

Thanks for the prompt responce!!!!! That study was interesting. I am going to see how it goes during the next few months when I add 5% spironolactone. If that doesn't do the trick I will add small doses of finasteride.
Desar

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Sounds good! 5% spironolactone is just like propecia though - you may see nothing, which may mean its working! Its not a growth stimulant, so there may not be much to *see* :)

HairLossTalk.com