2 Hair Transplant And Look Like Crap

Mr Pipe

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I had 2 hair transplants one in 2012 with 1,800 fut and another one in 2013 with 1,600 fut.. the first one the dr said he wanted to assure the back of my scalp so I wouldnt be bald later on so I just mainly got hairs over there.. second one was on my hairline and had not that great of results had some shock loss in some parts, pimples and infection. For one year and a half I looked way better than before but now the back of my scalp is lookong like crap and my hairline doesn't look that great either. Starting to think hair transplant are a scam.. you decide. Attaching photos.

Attachments

• IMG_6819.jpg
    IMG_6819.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_6820.jpg
    IMG_6820.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 503

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you use finasteride? Not super knowledgeable on hair transplants but from what I've heard, getting a transplant without finasteride, when you have aggressive hair loss or start losing hair young, is a major mistake.

Mr Pipe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you use finasteride? Not super knowledgeable on hair transplants but from what I've heard, getting a transplant without finasteride, when you have aggressive hair loss or start losing hair young, is a major mistake.
Yes i did for a while then got some side effects and quit.. one of the main reasons i need hair is to seduce ladies.. why would i want hair if I can't go all the way..

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes i did for a while then got some side effects and quit.. one of the main reasons i need hair is to seduce ladies.. why would i want hair if I can't go all the way..
Don't know what to tell you then. If you don't respond well to finasterde/get sides on it, hair transplants aren't really a viable option if your hair loss is aggressive.

MR. Incredible

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most hair transplant surgeons will tell you that you do not have to take Finesteride after your hair transplant because the donor hair is not susceptible to DHT, so It would be useless if you took it. It might take a few more hair transplants for the results to fully show. Choosing the right Surgeon can mean the difference between a beautiful set of hair or being scammed. In the meantime, you may want to cut your sides very short so the thin hair on top will be much less noticeable.

DKC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course your hair is going to continue to fall out, a hair transplant is not a fix for hair loss, it does not stop DHT-sensitive hair from falling out.

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is true that you do need to be on Propecia to prevent further loss, not the transplanted hair, but surrounding hair. It looks like quitting propecia may be the reason you are where you are now