2 and a half years in - now shedding badly!

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience to me?

I've been on dutasteride, minoxidil and nizoral for over 2 and a half years, but recently my hair seems to have thinned badly. I now notice the dreaded island appearing again that i'd gotten rind of and my crown has thinned out. I think i'm just going through a bad shed, and not too concerned. However I was wondering if it was normal to go through such an excessive shed at this stage in my treatments? I know a lot of people shed at the start, but I never did and this is the 1st time i've ever noticed my hair losing ground like this.

JWM

Reaction score
Ajax

Have you changed anything in your regimen in the past 3-6 months?

If not, then likely it is just a shed. They come and go. If I recall you had aggressive male pattern baldness at a young age, so I would imagine your sheds would be quite severe.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying JWM.

No i've not changed anything, although did drop down from taking dutasteride everyday to just 3 times a week quite a while ago. I definately lost some density from doing that, but i'm inclined to think this recent loss is just a major shed too.

I was just a bit concerned as have never really shed much before now. lets hope it recovers before long and some nice new thick hair grows back in its place :)

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember your success on dutasteride man, really amazing...how is the current level of appearance judged against those old pics?

deckard2080

Reaction score
hey ajax i have a similar problem. i was on the big 3 for about 3 and half years before just recently, i've shed really badly. i had good success up until now. worse shed ive ever had on the regimen. Now i switched from liquid to foam and noticed my hair getting worse...after riding out foam for about 10 months i decieded to go back to liquid which i feel im a better responder too. But my hair also feels more unmanigable than it ever has on the big 3.. do you feel like this too?? hopefully its just a really bad shed from foam...and i can get back on track...im seeing some regrowth and thickeness now an hopeing in the following months things will get back.. hey it might grow in better than ever...anyway questions for you...how is dutasteride...any side effects, what kind of success did you have on it..and where do you get it from??