2.5mg

jsmith19

Reaction score
I started taking 2.5 mg of dutasteride today. I realized that .5 mg only reduced 55% of scalp dht, but 2.5mg reduced it by 82%. Scalp DHT is what actualy matters, and I can't afford to lose another hair. If I dont get success with this, I dont know what I'll do. I dont give a damn about sides anymore.

IDOASIS

Established Member
Reaction score
jsmith19 said:
I started taking 2.5 mg of dutasteride today. I realized that .5 mg only reduced 55% of scalp dht, but 2.5mg reduced it by 82%. Scalp DHT is what actualy matters, and I can't afford to lose another hair. If I dont get success with this, I dont know what I'll do. I dont give a damn about sides anymore.

wow man ,wow !!!!!
can you afford it???
please keep us updated!!!!!

jsmith19

Reaction score
I can afford it, my plan is to take 1 avodart with 4 dutas every day. Im going to do it for as long as I can. I have a script for the avodart and its only like 34 dollars for 30 caps.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I've even considered taking this route.

If you do get any sides, remember that they SHOULD go away during treatment.

IDOASIS

Established Member
Reaction score
jsmith19 said:
I can afford it, my plan is to take 1 avodart with 4 dutas every day. Im going to do it for as long as I can. I have a script for the avodart and its only like 34 dollars for 30 caps.

Good luck!

jsmith19

Reaction score
yeah, the sides weren't bad during finasteride, so hopefully it'll be ok with time. I'll make sure to keep you guys updated.

jsmith19

Reaction score
3 month mark

well its been a little over 3 months since i began taking 1 avodart with 4 dutas daily. My wallet has certainly taken a hit, but ill deal with it. After about a month, i could barely notice any shedding at all. I would get about 1 or two hairs in the shower, sometimes none. It seemed as if all loss had stopped. I've manage to maintain pretty well (knocks on wood). Right now im still seeing the occasional hair fall out that really ruins my day. Im hoping that the hairs will come back thicker. In terms of regrowth, do you think 3 months is too soon to tell with 2.5 mg's of dutasteride daily? Thanks.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep, you see it will take 3 months for hairs to regrow visibly through the scalp, so hopefully you'll start to see some regrowth very soon.

I would say about 6 months and you will notice a cosmetic difference.

Goingat20

Reaction score
Re: 3 month mark

jsmith19 said:
well its been a little over 3 months since i began taking 1 avodart with 4 dutas daily. My wallet has certainly taken a hit, but ill deal with it. After about a month, i could barely notice any shedding at all. I would get about 1 or two hairs in the shower, sometimes none. It seemed as if all loss had stopped. I've manage to maintain pretty well (knocks on wood). Right now im still seeing the occasional hair fall out that really ruins my day. Im hoping that the hairs will come back thicker. In terms of regrowth, do you think 3 months is too soon to tell with 2.5 mg's of dutasteride daily? Thanks.

yeah 3 months is a bit to early for regrowth. Lets hope things continue to get better. Have you noticed any sides? Do you take them all in one go?
Thanks for the update

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Cessation of shedding = more hair.

I will be switching to 2.5mg dutasteride in a year or two-- just to bump it up...

I would give the 2.5 way more time.

Please keep us updated... I want to hear :)

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jsmith,

What is your skin like while you have been taking 2.5mg compared to when you were taking 0.5mg??

More/Less acne, oily skin or dry skin??

thanks

jsmith19

Reaction score
to answer your questions, I do not notice anything different about my skin. and i got the dutas from unitedpharmacies.com

jsmith19

Reaction score
For the past week, Ive had to take only 1 0r two avodart pills a day because my order of dutas is taking a while to get here. Do you think a week of .5 to 1 mg instead of 2.5 daily will have a significant impact on its effect? thanks

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
jsmith19 said:
For the past week, Ive had to take only 1 0r two avodart pills a day because my order of dutas is taking a while to get here. Do you think a week of .5 to 1 mg instead of 2.5 daily will have a significant impact on its effect? thanks
A week long? No not much impact. The stuff has a very long living effect in the body.

jsmith19

Reaction score
Its been about 3 weeks now since ive been able to only take 1-2 avodart caps per day. this is because my dutas has not arrived, which i ordered about a month ago. has anyone had trouble ordering dutas before, i ordered from unitedpharmacies. anyways, i hope this doesnt not impact my results much. Ive been taking finasteride too just as an added boost. I ordered againt yesterday just to make sure that some are coming. ido you think 3 weeks of .5 to 1 mg intake of dutasteride will affect me if i had been taking 2.5 mg daily since feb 1st? thanks.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
jsmith19 said:
Its been about 3 weeks now since ive been able to only take 1-2 avodart caps per day. this is because my dutas has not arrived, which i ordered about a month ago. has anyone had trouble ordering dutas before, i ordered from unitedpharmacies. anyways, i hope this doesnt not impact my results much. Ive been taking finasteride too just as an added boost. I ordered againt yesterday just to make sure that some are coming. ido you think 3 weeks of .5 to 1 mg intake of dutasteride will affect me if i had been taking 2.5 mg daily since feb 1st? thanks.

I don't think it will affect you in the slightest.

Goodluck, my friend.

IDOASIS

Established Member
Reaction score
jsmith19 said:

I hope that you take pictures :) .