2.5 Months With Rogaine, Seeing Results!

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are a good responder to minoxidil, but you should get on finasteride your hair loos is very aggerssive you will reach norwood 6 by 30, and that would be a life ending , and good luck with your regimen.

Hang90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
amazing progress, its like im watching my own head on this pics. I can only hope to get results like you :) keep up the good work and good luck with your progress in future

Hajo1992

Reaction score
Not going to be adding medications at this point with current progress. If minoxidil stops working randomly I won't be too worried about my life ending lol. It's only been 2 and a half months and I'm responding well to off the shelf products so we'll see.

Exactly, see how it works out. As soon you notice thinning contact your doctor/dermatoligist for the next steps.
Finasteride is quite drastic with the possible side effects

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Start listening experienced members - advice

You will lost your gains in year if you wont start antiandrogens.

I lost 70% :)

0.5mg finasteride daily and i see NW2 in ONE year

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not going to be adding medications at this point with current progress. If minoxidil stops working randomly I won't be too worried about my life ending lol. It's only been 2 and a half months and I'm responding well to off the shelf products so we'll see.

I use zix, and have good results, Ive hear of great results by using both together. Zix is simply b6 and zinc mixed in distilled water and some rubbing alcohol, it supposed to work by reducing dht (a good compliment to minoxidil). See my thread in alternative treatments. Meanwhile I agree see how you respond before you add anything else.

Cheers!

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly, see how it works out. As soon you notice thinning contact your doctor/dermatoligist for the next steps.
Finasteride is quite drastic with the possible side effects

Then start with Hellouser's ru58441-and-dermarolling-regimen if finasteride is too risky.

But it's pretty much either take finasteride or go bald.

Minoxidil is really just a hay fire.
stooping-hair-loss-with-minoxidil.jpg

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think I'll continue using Rogaine still. I'd have to feel very desperate before using a drug that's not FDA approved for human use or a drug known to cause infertility, and right now I'm nowhere near desperate as I continue to see positive results.

The sentiment the others are attempting to convey is based on keeping your results. You're a great responder to minoxidil, but it has no effect on dht, so, your hair, though thicker from being stimulated and held into anagen, will continue to miniaturize. You WILL lose everything. If you enjoy the prospect of getting your hair back, possibly restoring the front with a transplant, and never having to worry about it again, you need to take preventative measures while your hair is doing well, instead of solely being motivated by a decreasing hair count... But, you can't force the horse to drink. Maybe you're okay with being bald. Learn the hard way, if you're so inclined.

pizzamanluigi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If he ignored the advice of people on here and never took finasteride then I am guessing we will ever see an update. Hope I am wrong though.