2.5 month update

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok fellas i have been using the little deuce for nearly three months. My hair has pretty much stayed the same in general appearance. However to the balding eye I have some regrowth at the temple and frontal portion of my hairline. my hair also seems to have gotten a little thicker in the front but im not sure if this is the nizoral or the propecia. I have'nt experienced any side effects so i will continue on. At the commencement of the third month the hairloss is supposed to stop so we will see.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet anything that its your imagination. Seeing effects of finasteride at this stage is unheard of, and nizoral does not grow hair.

You say you see regrowth, but that hairloss is supposed to stop at month three? Just on finasteride? Neither of these comments make sense to me, alone or together

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
ok. No i didnt say i saw regrowth from nizoral, i said i wasnt sure if the nizoral just made my hair appear thicker and fuller or if the propecia has taken some effect and thickened my hair. This is not unheard of but maybe it is my imagination. who knows, I know its early on in my regimine, but everyone take a deep breath and relax, Im not saying that after 2.5 months I have thick f*****g brad pitt type sh*t going on here. So dont worry im not one up on you flux.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did I express attitude? Thats in your head bro. I'm totally chill.. just callin it as I see it. If you have more success then me, then kudos to you. I'm just sayin that as fresh to the game as you are, its doubtfull that you could see anything happening yet.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
ok, your right.... Its all in my head, just quit smoking so im a little on edge. thanks for the advice. Later...

Cassin

Reaction score
jblig said:
ok, your right.... Its all in my head, just quit smoking so im a little on edge. thanks for the advice. Later...

I am trying to quit as well.........again.....

2 days now smoke free. The odd thing is, whenever I go on a run to quit smoking, I never gain weight, I never get short tempered.

I get full of energy and I get a little anti-social at first. Very strange.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
cassin how much do you smoke a day..or did you. I get real bad nic fits.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2.5 propecia results and quiting smoking

Hey. Just started posting a week or so ago. I wanted to say that I, too, think that my hair stopped shedding after just 2-2.5 months of being in propecia. Maybe I am imagining things, and maybe the shedding was from something other than just male pattern baldness. See, I went abroad for 6 months, girlfriend broke up with me, lost 20lbs in 2 months on jogging, lifting and crash diet, drank like a fish while in europe, etc. So stopping these after returning to the states, to my normal routine might have been the cause, but I swear I used to be able to wake up, go to the bathroom sink, shake my head slightly, and watch 30-40 hairs fall out with ease. No I can't. I can even pull on the front hairs a little bit, where I am thinning, and they don't come out much at all, just a few maybe. I hope I am right, and dammit, don't take that away from me!! =)

Actually, this morning I noticed a few more sheds, so I was a little disappointed. But I also just starte rogaine this past week, so hopefully it is due to that. Anyway, yes, best luck to us all.

AS FOR SMOKING, I don't do it, but my best friend does. He's a smart guy, scored like 135 IQ on the official mensa exam. He has quit off and on a few times, but recently has been off for a month now. How you ask? He read this somewhere, on the web he thinks: he takes regular chewing gum, the long sticks, and folds it down the middle, and pours quite a bit of snuff down the length. The snuff looks like powder- down here in tucson they call it chew, I think he said. Anyway, he chews that whenever he needs a "fix". He stopped coughing badly, so his lungs have probably cleared up some. Now, he thinks he may be addicted to the chew or whatever, but he thinks this is a better, more positive step in the right direction. Then he can quit the chew.

Just a thought. Chew might be better for the circulation than smoking.

Later, and good luck!