2,042 Grafts - Day 8 - Major Crack And Crusting - Help?

JiveTurkey82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I received an FUE hair transplant eight days ago and major crusting is developing in the recipient area. This crusting is causing a major crack right down the middle and it is only getting worse. It almost looks like if I peeled up the crust it would all come up just like if I were to pull up old carpet at a house. This started to occur on Day 5, it was a small crack (looked more like a small line where hair was no longer there) and now it is large. Is this going to be an issue and what can I do to mitigate it if it is? How would you go about getting rid of the crust at this point without pulling out more hair?

My regiment has been this...
  • Days 1-4...lightly wash donor area with GraftCyte shampoo, careful only to pat dry. Did not touch or wet recipient area at all. Spread antibacterial ointment (Bacitracin) on the donor area only.
  • Days 5-7....same routine with donor area. However, lathered Graftcyte on sponge and drip onto recipient then rinsed with indirect water (poured out of a cup into hand and let it drip). Did not touch recipient with hands. Let it air dry.
  • Day 8 (today)...light showerhead and washed head with Graftcyte,..lightly rubbed head in gentle swirling motion, careful not to to pick or pull.
Day 5 pictures attached, Day 8 photo in following post.

Attachments

• IMG_2859.jpg
    IMG_2859.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_2858.jpg
    IMG_2858.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_2860.jpg
    IMG_2860.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_2861.jpg
    IMG_2861.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_2863.jpg
    IMG_2863.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 292

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you considered visiting the clinic again that did the FUE or email them pictures?

HLV

JiveTurkey82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you considered visiting the clinic again that did the FUE or email them pictures?

HLV

I traveled to get it done, so an office visit would be tough. I emailed the day 5 picture when it wasn't as bad and he said it was normal to have cracks or "tracks"

Since then it got worse and I emailed the day 8 photo, but have not heard back yet.

It's also just nice to see if anyone in the forum had experience with this and had any recommendations.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I traveled to get it done, so an office visit would be tough. I emailed the day 5 picture when it wasn't as bad and he said it was normal to have cracks or "tracks"

Since then it got worse and I emailed the day 8 photo, but have not heard back yet.

It's also just nice to see if anyone in the forum had experience with this and had any recommendations.

I had cracks in a similar location after my fue to where yours is if that’s any comfort.

HLV