1st month(27 days) on finesteride.

navione

Reaction score
Hello all, let me first congratulate the existence of this domain because it seems to be helping many people(and maybe putting some people down.. :( ).

..i first started to use a composition containing saw palmetto (for about a month and a half then started taking proscar 1.25mg and stopped on the saw because i read it could be to much for the liver, is this true? I also use some ampoles from dercos with 1.5% amenixil. About two weeks after starting on finasteride i started shedding really alot, about 300+ hair a day!, and maybe its a coincidence but some pimples now apeare on my face. Could this be a case of reflex hyperandrogenicity :freaked1:??, i thing ive noticed (by the shedding) some very fine hairs sometimes, is this a sign that finasteride is working? Im starting to get very worried and nervouse..

I also heard green tea helps, is this true?. Is is possible worth restarting saw palmetto using it as a aid?, i havent noticed any sexual side effects at all.

thank you all with this helpfull information!

vogs

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been drinking green tea all my life, hasn't been much help in the hair departement, but like everything that is good for you...well.. it's good for you. ;)

drinkrum

Reaction score
Increased acne during the first month of finasteride is very normal. It's because your body is producing extra testosterone.

D.

G

drinkrum said:
Increased acne during the first month of finasteride is very normal. It's because your body is producing extra testosterone.

D.

Your body is producing the same amount of testosterone but less is being converted to dihyrotestosterone, resulting in higher serum testosterone levels (?)

moegreen

Reaction score
I remember my dermotologist told me pimples were found to contain dht (not sure about 'just' testosterone)

drinkrum

Reaction score
tynanW said:
drinkrum said:

D.

Your body is producing the same amount of testosterone but less is being converted to dihyrotestosterone, resulting in higher serum testosterone levels (?)

Yeah. Your body makes T, a lot of it is unconverted into DHT, so the free T level (unbound) is higher than before. However, some funny things can also happen. Estrogen is derived from T, so estrogen tends to increase with finasteride as some of this free T is aromatized into estrogen. The body, sensing there is too much estrogen, might start curtailing T production. Still, the net effect usually is a bit higher T.

D.

navione

Reaction score
Tanks guys. What about saw palmetto, does it help? I mean.. more importantly, can it NOT HELP? Im afraid to many interactions with the hormones and the dht can cause a reverse effect..

What about minoxodil, is Dr.Lee´s the best, where can i buy it? I read somewhere they changed the labels to skip the costumes but cant seem to find that cuz this forum is huge!. Where i live there is only Regaine and Tricovivax, i remember i once used tricovivax but is made tha skin a bit white and the hair oily. Is minoxidil in pill format any good?

Thanks again.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Saw palmetto taken orally reduces DHT in the prostate but not in the scalp. If you want to grow hair on your prostate, then saw palmetto is for you.

G

navione said:
Tanks guys. What about saw palmetto, does it help? I mean.. more importantly, can it NOT HELP?

saw palmetto has been reported to cause extended sheds.

navione said:
What about minoxodil, is Dr.Lee´s the best, where can i buy it?

Xandrox.com (product 500 Dr Lee's standard minoxidil)

navione said:
I read somewhere they changed the labels to skip the costumes but cant seem to find that cuz this forum is huge!.

You are not making sense.

navione said:
Where i live there is only Regaine and Tricovivax, i remember i once used tricovivax but is made tha skin a bit white and the hair oily.

What colour was your skin to start with?

navione said:
Is minoxidil in pill format any good?

NO!

navione

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your extended replies, they have calmed me down for now. :)

tynanW: What i mean by they changing the labels was to refering to the product´s import to the country where i live. Generaly the costums house apreends the product in case it isnt allowed or charges a fee, i heard somewhere in this forum that some importer changed the labels to avoid all this. Anywy it isnt that important.. just a financial aid.

I am caucasian with a little tanned color, tricovivax leaves some white residue after it dries. Maybe i´ll try Dr.Lee´s formulae, does anyone know +- how long a bottle lasts?

drinkrum

Reaction score
navione said:
Hi, thanks for your extended replies, they have calmed me down for now. :)

tynanW: What i mean by they changing the labels was to refering to the product´s import to the country where i live. Generaly the costums house apreends the product in case it isnt allowed or charges a fee, i heard somewhere in this forum that some importer changed the labels to avoid all this. Anywy it isnt that important.. just a financial aid.

I am caucasian with a little tanned color, tricovivax leaves some white residue after it dries. Maybe i´ll try Dr.Lee´s formulae, does anyone know +- how long a bottle lasts?

Save the minoxidil for later bud. Just take your finasteride (Propecia/Proscar) and use a decent shampoo like Nizoral or T/Gel. After a year, try the minoxidil.

Can one of you admins highlight the above point? Many of us, myself included, have said the same fuckin' thing to every single newbie to this forum. There should be a few pages of reading material and a quick test before anyone can first post on this forum. This would save a lot of time and energy.

D.

navione

Reaction score
Sorry for the spam type question, il try and get the answer myself =).

I do have another question. Supose i was using a product like minoxidil in periods of 2 days, would it be worth not to wash my hair between aplications or does the absoption only act during a certain amount of initial time?

Thank you.