1PunchBob`s story

1PunchBob

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been on this forum for quite awhile but am looking to change my regime and get some advise and infomation please. I am 26 with male pattern baldness and have receided quite badly but my crown area now is becomibg very thin and a bold patch ever appearing, and only being 5 foot 6 i am getting pissed off with people noticing and telling me that i am going to go bold. My current regime is Kirkland minoxidil 5% twice daily and i am on fincar split into quarters daily but this hasn`t had much effect and looking to move onto avodart (dutasteride). I do have revivogen but don`t use it much as it used to leave brown/orange stains on my scalp. But i don`t know which one to try? Also i do not know much about any other products which would help me fight against male pattern baldness and also fill in my thinning crown. Have heard of things like Retin A and tricomin but don`t know anything about these products. So if you can give me any advise, info or tips i would appreciate it. Thanks again. Bob

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
How long have you been on minoxidil and finasteride for? Tricomin is a copper peptide which supposedly grows hair similar to 2% minoxidil, it's useful for irritation and inflammation also. You should also be on nizoral or a similar anti-dandruff shampoo.

1PunchBob

Reaction score
I have been on minoxidil since july this year and finasteride for just under six months. I do use T-Gel shampoo which is quite good for the scalp irritation. So tricomin is not much different to minoxidil and therefore would not really help me in the quest for hair re-growth? :lol:

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Nahhhh it would! Tricomin grows hair in a completely different way to minoxidil, I think it rebuilds skin tissue which increases the size of follicles and causes them to go into the anagen phase. So you would get minoxidil growth AND growth from tricomin, which also might help the minoxidil growth too. I use it but can't really comment on what it's done!

Don't move on to dutasteride mate, my hair 6 months into finasteride I'd have to say was worse than baseline. Keep on for 1 year then re-evaluate, that's the optimal way.

1PunchBob

Reaction score
Yeah i will try and get some tricomin then. Cheers again for your help and advice. My crown region really gets me down and have heard that dutasteride is stronger than finasteride so i would hope for better results and faster, that is why i am looking to get into to dutasteride.

1PunchBob

Reaction score
I have now stopped on the fincar as have ran out and am now going to try and get some avodart. I use t-gel shampoo every other day and i seem to have lots of bits that look like dandruft when my minoxidil dries out and sometimes looks like large bits of dead skin coming from my scalp. Has anyone else encountered this and what exactly is it and how do you stop if cos it looks like at times i have loads of white bits in my hair?

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil for nearly a month now, and my lord the flakes! But, after nearly 2 days of using the foam (i was using the solution earlier), my dandruff situation has cleared up wonderfully. Inflammation is an integral part of the balding process, and I think that Upjohn is really onto something in creating minoxidil that is able to minimize this. Before I felt like I might be doing as much bad as good. Switch, you won't regret it.

P.S. The month's supply I picked up from Eckerds had a manufacturers rebate for $10 on a 3 pack of the foam, which would bring the cost of a 3 pack down to 39.50, meaning monthly rogaine at only 13 and some change. That's a damned deal on the foam (maybe not, post a link if you have better prices). No shipping either.

G

1PunchBob said:
I have now stopped on the fincar as have ran out and am now going to try and get some avodart. I use t-gel shampoo every other day and i seem to have lots of bits that look like dandruft when my minoxidil dries out and sometimes looks like large bits of dead skin coming from my scalp. Has anyone else encountered this and what exactly is it and how do you stop if cos it looks like at times i have loads of white bits in my hair?

you need to pick up the avodart fast if you're going to switch to it, since you ran out of fincar. fincar has a very short half-life. time is precious. don't wait more than a couple weeks before getting it, and the sooner the better.

1PunchBob

Reaction score
Cheers jayman and chino20. I didn`t realize that it had such a short half life and it will be 2 weeks soon so i had better get some avodart asap. Do you know of a good one to buy and how much is it and where to get it from. Chino20 i will get on the foam asap aswell to try and get rid of this flaking sh*t. Cheers guys :lol: