19yo Am I Balding? Am I Maturing Or Is It Just In My Head?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally believe you are receding, and balding...

JohnnyB.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you see the hair on your front that is much smaller than the rest? It can be seen on picture one - it means that you are receding for sure; However, if you are just maturing or really balding is something that is probably impossible to say; We'd need old pictures and more information to really make a guess about that...

Rtsts

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you see the hair on your front that is much smaller than the rest? It can be seen on picture one - it means that you are receding for sure; However, if you are just maturing or really balding is something that is probably impossible to say; We'd need old pictures and more information to really make a guess about that...
What kind of information? Also as of now what would u rate me on a norwood scale?

JohnnyB.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, maybe Norwood 1.5? It ain't really bad; And about hair loss: Well usually balding is unpredictable - but of course e.g. if you lost your hair receded within a short period of time the probability is highter for you to be balding; Why don't you see a dermatologist and maybe start with nizoral shampoo?

JohnnyB.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well maybe also a NW2 - fact is, that the front has not receded but only the temples... Which is of course good..

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
NW2.

No such thing as a maturing hairline. You're either losing hair or you aren't. The only potential difference is some people (rare) just stop at a certain point, but given that you can see miniaturisation its likely it is progressive. Fortunately we live in a time where decent treatments are on the horizon so dont panic.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a norwood 2 indeed. If u go any further than this, hop on treatment right away. If u are not sure u are , go to a dermatologist and have them take a look.

DiffThinner35

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bad news: You are starting to go bald (receeding hairline).

Good news: You still caught it early and is not very noticable. Get a prescription for propecia/finasteride and hope you can slow down the balding