19M update, what is this?

Light Bulb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since my last post, it seems like my hair loss has gotten worse, or at the very least more noticeable. My hair has been thinning on the top and sides and my hairline has receded and thinned to the point where my natural widow’s peak has almost disappeared. I have a derm appointment for Monday but thinking about my hair loss has been making it difficult to focus on work. I’d just like to know what I could have and what Norwood I’m at (I know some pics might seem normal but my hair used to be extremely thick just for reference).

Last edited:

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried Ketoconazole shampoo or cream? Micro-needling/ castor oil/ peppermint oil. You are still really young I would recommend not going first to hormone altering drugs until 22 to 25 to be on the safe side.

Light Bulb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried Ketoconazole shampoo or cream? Micro-needling/ castor oil/ peppermint oil. You are still really young I would recommend not going first to hormone altering drugs until 22 to 25 to be on the safe side.
Yeah I’m actually planning on just buzzing it all off if it gets real bad, I’d rather avoid the risk of finasteride to begin with and I doubt min would help out a lot. I guess it’s up to what my derm is gonna say though.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I’m actually planning on just buzzing it all off if it gets real bad, I’d rather avoid the risk of finasteride to begin with and I doubt min would help out a lot. I guess it’s up to what my derm is gonna say though.
That's good, if you can get blood work. Hormone panel (test, free test, estrogen, prolactin) thyroid panel, cholesterol... Minoxidil as a standalone is likely to give minor improvements that will recede after 3 months of no minoxidil. Ask about ketoconazole cream while you're there. If they recommend finasteride and you consider it let me know. You can put together a low dose multi faceted protocol which will lower chance of sides. You've got lots of hair and are young, you can certainly save your hair bro. People have gone from nw6 to full head of hair.

Light Bulb

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's good, if you can get blood work. Hormone panel (test, free test, estrogen, prolactin) thyroid panel, cholesterol... Minoxidil as a standalone is likely to give minor improvements that will recede after 3 months of no minoxidil. Ask about ketoconazole cream while you're there. If they recommend finasteride and you consider it let me know. You can put together a low dose multi faceted protocol which will lower chance of sides. You've got lots of hair and are young, you can certainly save your hair bro. People have gone from nw6 to full head of hair.
I’ll keep this in mind, thank you!

Light Bulb

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like I do have male pattern baldness, I've been prescribed 1/4 or 1/2 of a 5mg tablet of finasteride every MWF. Not quite sure if it's worth taking it bc of the risk of sides so I'm on the fence about ordering it.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like I do have male pattern baldness, I've been prescribed 1/4 or 1/2 of a 5mg tablet of finasteride every MWF. Not quite sure if it's worth taking it bc of the risk of sides so I'm on the fence about ordering it.
I kinda figured they would. You could go ketoconsazole shampoo, micro-needling, peppermint and castor oil. Or minoxidil and Ru58841 which still has risk but won't be so systemic and would likely regrow your hair. The majority of men handle finasteride fine even dutasteride which blocks 95% to 100% type 1 and 2 DHT. finasteride blocking only 70% type 1 DHT.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're afraid of sides, zix is a good alternative to finasteride. Check at the alternative treatments section for more info. Its posted by a guy called Worm.