19m Diffuse Thinner, What Would You Guys Recommend?

Riotmiot42

My Regimen
Reaction score
Already on finasteride for 2.5 months. Taking Kento for my itchy scalp. Ordered a 1mm dermaroller. Mino is really expensive where I live so I'm not sure if I can use that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190320-212920__01__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20190320-212920__01__01.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 423
  • Screenshot_20190320-212934__01__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20190320-212934__01__01.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 377

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wow, that looks bad for a 19 year old.

Its good that you're taking finasteride. but you really need to find a way to get Minoxidil. It will help thicken up and regrow those miniaturized hairs.

I'm also a diffuse thinner and Minoxidil has helped me a lot.

Riotmiot42

My Regimen
Reaction score
wow, that looks bad for a 19 year old.

Its good that you're taking finasteride. but you really need to find a way to get Minoxidil. It will help thicken up and regrow those miniaturized hairs.

I'm also a diffuse thinner and Minoxidil has helped me a lot.
It costs me like 50$ a bottle so I'm not sure if I can afford getting it. I'm 19 and already have almost no hair. Really sucks. Could a hair transplant help me if all doesn't work? Since I'm a diffuse thinner and all

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It costs me like 50$ a bottle so I'm not sure if I can afford getting it. I'm 19 and already have almost no hair. Really sucks. Could a hair transplant help me if all doesn't work? Since I'm a diffuse thinner and all

No one will give you a hairtransplant at 19 years old. You will have to use minoxidil if you want to regrow your hair, there is no other cheaper way. And how will you even be able to afford a hairtransplant when you can't even afford min? But use min once a day, that will reduce the costs.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
No doctor will give you a transplant because it looks like you are destined to be a slick norwood 6 by 25 :( . How is the family history of balding on both sides? Im sure ur dad is bald but what about everyone else?

Riotmiot42

My Regimen
Reaction score
No doctor will give you a transplant because it looks like you are destined to be a slick norwood 6 by 25 :( . How is the family history of balding on both sides? Im sure ur dad is bald but what about everyone else?
My dad is bald but my mom's grandpa only has a receding hairline. Most of my uncles had a pretty receding hairline by the age of 27-28 or so. On my dad side most of my nephews have a full head of hair at the age of 25. My brother of 26 is balding heavily though, he wasn't as bad as I am right now but his sides are pretty much gone and his backside (vortex?) Is pretty much bald. Really sad to hear that I might become a n6 by the age of 25. Is there no hope for me? Does fina even work?

Last edited:

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
My dad is bald but my mom's grandpa only has a receding hairline. Most of my uncles had a pretty receding hairline by the age of 27-28 or so. On my dad side most of my nephews have a full head of hair at the age of 25. My brother of 26 is balding heavily though, he wasn't as bad as I am right now but his sides are pretty much gone and his backside (vortex?) Is pretty much bald. Really sad to hear that I might become a n6 by the age of 25. Is there no hope for me? Does fina even work?

Yeah its tough man. I really feel for you. I have seen some cases where guys in your position are able to make a full recovery but it usually involves dutasteride,minoxidil and dermarolling.I think you should just stick with finasteride for a year and hope for the best before anything else. Ideally you would want to add minoxidil too (it can make a huge difference for some) but I understand the financial situation is tough. Thats one of the things that suck the most about balding while still in school, the treatments can be hard to get without a job.

And yeah dont believe the moms dad hype. That is a myth and is misunderstood by most people. It has to do with the androgen receptor gene which doesnt really tell the full story. After wasting a shitload of time on this site and seeing a ridiculous amount of posts i'm almost certain for most guys your fathers side of the family is a better indication of if you will be balding or not.

Riotmiot42

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah its tough man. I really feel for you. I have seen some cases where guys in your position are able to make a full recovery but it usually involves dutasteride,minoxidil and dermarolling.I think you should just stick with finasteride for a year and hope for the best before anything else. Ideally you would want to add minoxidil too (it can make a huge difference for some) but I understand the financial situation is tough. Thats one of the things that suck the most about balding while still in school, the treatments can be hard to get without a job.

And yeah dont believe the moms dad hype. That is a myth and is misunderstood by most people. It has to do with the androgen receptor gene which doesnt really tell the full story. After wasting a shitload of time on this site and seeing a ridiculous amount of posts i'm almost certain for most guys your fathers side of the family is a better indication of if you will be balding or not.
Thanks for your understanding man. I honestly wouldn't mind going bald when I'm 24 or so. I'm done with college then and at that point I wouldn't care that much. It's just when I go to college I see no one who's bald. It's hard not to compare yourself with them and feel bad about your balding head.

I will try to derma roll for 2 months and see how much improvement I'll have doing that. If I only have little gains ,I'll try mino for 3 months. If nothing works I guess I have to take the L and go bald, since hair transplants are apparently not possible for guys as young as me :/. Btw what is the correct way to derma roll? Thanks for responding in advance

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your understanding man. I honestly wouldn't mind going bald when I'm 24 or so. I'm done with college then and at that point I wouldn't care that much. It's just when I go to college I see no one who's bald. It's hard not to compare yourself with them and feel bad about your balding head.

I will try to derma roll for 2 months and see how much improvement I'll have doing that. If I only have little gains ,I'll try mino for 3 months. If nothing works I guess I have to take the L and go bald, since hair transplants are apparently not possible for guys as young as me :/. Btw what is the correct way to derma roll? Thanks for responding in advance

The thing with hairloss is 3 months is usually not enough to tell if something is working. With minoxidil and derma rolling you would need atleast 6 months to see and with finasteride atleast a year. Get kirkland liquid minoxidil if anything because it is cheaper. For dermarolling 1mm is okay but next time maybe go for the 1.5mm.

Riotmiot42

My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing with hairloss is 3 months is usually not enough to tell if something is working. With minoxidil and derma rolling you would need atleast 6 months to see and with finasteride atleast a year. Get kirkland liquid minoxidil if anything because it is cheaper. For dermarolling 1mm is okay but next time maybe go for the 1.5mm.
Will definitely do this! Also, how long does a bottle of mino last?

Acljw

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey just shave your head...Many guys even if they have hair shave there heads bald....Its a common fashion statement today....The 80's and 90's are gone....Don't stress it just shave it....You can always grow facial hair as that is a very popular fashion statement today...

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To say hair doesn't matter is a joke .no one wants to go bald or even progress past nw1. I want to stay nw0 for life but we know how slim the chances are of that.

Riotmiot42

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see a lot of bald guys with hot chicks...
I understand what you mean but I just want to try and see if anything works. If nothing works f*** it, there are worse things in life than going bald. I just have to embrace it. But at least I want to try. Thanks for your input though.

Charlie Foxtrot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is SMP a viable option for when all hope with treatments is gone and you don’t want the cue ball look? I’m asking for myself but might also be something for Riot to keep in mind.

I’m not there yet, but I always thought SMP + Hair transplant (to create the illusion of hair) is gonna be my back up plan if I can’t accept slick bald.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look into LLLT red light therapy. There are studies showing its benefit for male pattern baldness.

You can get a cheap 660 nm wavelength light for plants on amazon for like $20.00. Does the same thing as more expensive ones and the 660nm was used in studies for hair growth.