1979's story

Reaction score
I am currently 25 years old and have been slowly balding for the last 7 years. I am a diffuse thinner and have somewhat significant loss in the crown area. My hair is pretty thin all over the top, but my hairline has held decently. I would call myself a norwood 2.5 or 3.
I started using dutasteride about 5 1/2 months ago, minoxidil for about 7 months and Xandrox15% for about 3 months. I am also currently using Nizoral 2% as well and began making my own Zix solution thanks to this board.

When starting to use dutasteride, I had a pretty significant shed. My hair then began to get slightly thicker (nothing to write home about), my harline has improved decently (vellous (sp?) hair that is now begin to thicken) and the crown area is showing promise (the hair I lost in the shed is back and I have seen small hairs in areas where no hair was before).

All of this is promising, but I wanted to know if anyone has been in a similar situation as mine and has seen a sudden burst of hair growth in months 9 through 12 of treatment. I'm somewhat happy about the results, but I am getting antsy to see substantial results. Hopefully the results I've seen so far are only the calm before the storm.

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
That's great man. If you got only 5months with dutasteride, when you get to the 12th month, you will be a lot better I think.

Petchsky

Reaction score
There is plenty of time for regrowth yet, 12 months is normally the optimum....although regrowth carries on beyond then for some

Reaction score
Thanks for the support Shosho. Hopefully you are right. I've taken a look at the two pictures you put up in your thread. I would say that I am slightly thicker on top than you are, but all in all it seems we have similar male pattern baldness patterns. Good luck with your regimen as well...it sucks to lose hair at such a young age.

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm only with 6 months with finasteride and ell-cranell, and 2 weeks with minoxidil. I hope that in the next months, things get better for me. And if dutasteride was for sale here in my country, i would surely buy and even use it together with finasteride. I cant wait to dutasteride 'arrive' here. Everyone seems to have excellent results with it!

Reaction score
male pattern baldness has been bothering me for the last 6 years I would say. I knew the affliction I had, I just didn't do anything about it. I tried Propecia about 5 years back for a month. At the time I lived in Canada. I needed a prescription and discontinued taking it because I felt embarassed when purchasing the product in public.

I then began shaving my head very very short (bald on most occasions with a blade). I've had this look for about 5 years and I have been getting quite sick of it lately. I would say that my looks are very important to me. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week (for the last 5 years, mostly due to the feling I needed to compensate because of my affliction). I take all kinds of supplements (whey protein, NO2, vitamins, all kinds of amino acids). If I can somehow get a handle on my hair loss, I would say my life would be complete.

Reaction score
A friend of mine came down for the thanksgiving weekend. For the first time in 5 years I had let hair grow on my head. He was shocked when he saw me and commented that he thought I shaved my head because I was going bald, but obviously that was not the case. I can't tell you how satusfying that was. My hair is still thin all around, but the crown area has filled in as have the temples. Now if I could just get general thickness all over, I would be exactly where I'd hoped to be. Honestly, just talking about it with everyone else on this site is quite therapeutic.

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
that's great man.. i still have to use a cap, so my friends dont even know im having these problems..
are you taking avodart or the generic duta?? i cant wait to use it!!!

Reaction score
shosho said:
that's great man.. i still have to use a cap, so my friends dont even know im having these problems..
are you taking avodart or the generic duta?? i cant wait to use it!!!

I'm taking avodart, but generic dutasteride is so much cheaper I'm contemplating giving it a try.