1900 Grafts With Dr. Luis Nader In Reynosa, Mx

memzinla

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get a hair transplant to fill in the widow's peaks. Lately I would just have my hair forward to cover them. I sent an email to Dr. Luis Nader in March 2017. I tried again in the summer stating I was sure I wanted my hair transplant with him. I received a response and scheduled my procedure for December 28, 2017!!

I flew from Los Angeles to McAllen, TX. I stayed in McAllen, and transportation was including from there to Reynosa, MX. It was about a 25 minute drive.

I received an email from Brenda two days previous to my date. She asked me for my number, and told me Mr. Santos was going to pick me up at the hotel at 7:45am. I couldn’t sleep all night long! I kept waking up, and I believe I only slept 3 hours. I ate breakfast, and was told Mr. Santos was already waiting for me at 7:25am! I rushed to my room to grab my belongings. The drive to the place was very short! Dr. Nader was already there.

He greeted me, and made me feel welcomed. He asked me about myself, and how what I do. We then started talking about baldness in my family, who I look like more, etc. I told him I feel like I look like more like my mom, and from my mom’s side everyone has a lot of hair. My dad is bald, and some of my uncles are starting to become bald. He said I could probably loose hair in the future, but that I might be good if I look more like my mom.

We then started to talk about the hairline I wanted. I didn’t show him any pictures, and there was one picture I had in mind. I told him I didn’t want the widows peaks, and he started to draw a hairline that would be best for my face. I told him I didn’t want a high widows peaks, and there was some modifications. We both agreed after about an hour an 20 minutes. He reallly understands, and really considers your comments. He started to prep me to begin with the hair transplant, and started telling me more about after care, propecia, rogaine, etc.
23mjv9g.jpg

He asked me if I wanted to chop all my hair off, or keep some of it. I decided to cut all of it so that it wouldn’t look weird. I’ve never had it this short, and I feel weird! At first he had estimated I would need 1500 grafts, and in the end I received 1900 grafts. I changed, and I went to one room where he started to numb the back of my head. He uses a device that sort of massages your head, and then you feel the needle! I felt small pain with the needle in some areas of my head, not all of it. After that, he started to punch the holes. I would say this part last about two hours. During this time they started to play music on heir speaker. I mostly listen to Spanish pop music, and I knew every single song!! I loved it!! I felt too embarrassed to sing though, and they were also very quiet counting the grafts. They were very careful.

After that we all had a break, and I ate the tacos! They were good. :) After the meal, Dr Nader told me to take two pills and we were ready for the next part!
10yl76e.jpg

I believe Dr. Nader started to prep me for the next phase around 12:40pm. I tried not to look at the time, and watched Las Estrellas the entire time. He used the same device for the front of my head. It felt like a massage, and then I felt the needle. After that he injected me with more anesthesia. He started inserting the grafts to the front of my head/forehead. This last part seemed like the slowest to me. It ended around 4:35pm, and then Dr. Nader told the nurses to clean up, while he printed the instructions for after care.
zvpezp.jpg

I felt so comfortable with Dr. Nader, and can tell he really loves his job. He does all the work with the nurses! I would really recommend Dr. Nader to anyone that is thinking of doing a hair transplant. :)

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like clean work. Do u have pics of the donor? What size punches did he use? Was his punch motorized or manual? What made u go with him and what were ur other choices? How much does he charge? Did he do blood tests beforehand? What Norwood did he classify u as?

memzinla

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not sure of the hole punch, but to me they looked tiny! Here is a picture of the donor area. The first one was two days after the procedure And the second pic was day 8.
wtpoo.jpg

2iw13d.jpg

The punches were done manually. I’ve read a lot about Dr. Nader, and came across someone on YouTube that went with him.

All the results from Dr. Nader have been really good. I contacted him, and didn’t receive a response for a long time. When I was with him he said he does a lot of the work himself. It’s only him, and his assistant Brenda that reply to emails. He showed me all the emails he’s received, and it’s too many! He’s very busy.

I was going to go to a doctor in Newport Beach, CA and was going to have FUT. After doing more research I decided for FUE. FUE in the US was too much for me. Dr. Nader rates went up, and he charged me what he used to charge when I first emailed him. 5,000 dollars for 2000 grafts. If you pay cash you get 10 percent off making it 4,500 dollars. He didn’t tell me what Norwood I am, but the doctor in Newport Beach said I was Norwood II A.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome, good looking work. Which Doctor in Newport? I live close near, I'm guessing either ziering or meshkin? Those are awesome rates for fue especially since he does a lot of the work. Did he give u special shampoo or instructions to remove the scabs?

memzinla

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went with Meshkin.

Dr. Nader gave me medicine for pain, swelling, and to avoid infection. He told me to wash my hair with baby shampoo for the first week. He gave me saline spray. He told me to spray that on scabs once every hour. I did, and I think that worked.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool. Was his fue punch motorized or manual? Good luck with the growing my friend

memzinla

My Regimen
Reaction score
Manual :)

Thank you!

It's been two weeks now! I'm not sure if I started shedding. My hair looks good in the mirror, but in the pictures it looks like there's less. haha
IMG_9609.jpg

IMG_9612.jpg

Last edited:

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dang looks really good. Ur probably just not used to the buzz look so it looks like less to u

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw any new shots of ur donor 2 weeks out?

Do u suffer from any dandruff or scalp itchiness?

memzinla

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you! :)

My head has been a little itchy. I didn't really suffer from dandruff, but now I think I do have a little.

I got a taper haircut. Here's a picture after the haircut. :)

IMG_9666-1.jpg

Here's a before and after picture where you can see the difference in the widow's peaks.
HTBefore_After.jpg

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn man this is going to turn out really nice!

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi any update? How long of a wait did u have when they scheduled u for surgery?

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
have you been on propecia / minoxidil prior to hair transplant? are u on any medicatons now? how was the healin process of transplanted area?

so far looks good

pidds

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any updates? Yesterday I had my second appointment with Dr. Nader -- 1950 graphs this time. He is a wonderful Doctor and I had a wonderful experience.

Djshakes

Reaction score
Anyone else had experiences with Dr. Nader? This thread alone makes me want to go to him.

Were you concerned with going to Reynosa? I read it is a hotbed for the Mexican Drug Cartels.

Last edited:

KoaX

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else had experiences with Dr. Nader? This thread alone makes me want to go to him.

Were you concerned with going to Reynosa? I read it is a hotbed for the Mexican Drug Cartels.
I just came back from Dr. Nader and I really liked him.

KoaX

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm really liking your results. I just came back from seeing Dr. Nader and I'm very excited.

Jnix

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get a hair transplant to fill in the widow's peaks. Lately I would just have my hair forward to cover them. I sent an email to Dr. Luis Nader in March 2017. I tried again in the summer stating I was sure I wanted my hair transplant with him. I received a response and scheduled my procedure for December 28, 2017!!

I flew from Los Angeles to McAllen, TX. I stayed in McAllen, and transportation was including from there to Reynosa, MX. It was about a 25 minute drive.

I received an email from Brenda two days previous to my date. She asked me for my number, and told me Mr. Santos was going to pick me up at the hotel at 7:45am. I couldn’t sleep all night long! I kept waking up, and I believe I only slept 3 hours. I ate breakfast, and was told Mr. Santos was already waiting for me at 7:25am! I rushed to my room to grab my belongings. The drive to the place was very short! Dr. Nader was already there.

He greeted me, and made me feel welcomed. He asked me about myself, and how what I do. We then started talking about baldness in my family, who I look like more, etc. I told him I feel like I look like more like my mom, and from my mom’s side everyone has a lot of hair. My dad is bald, and some of my uncles are starting to become bald. He said I could probably loose hair in the future, but that I might be good if I look more like my mom.

We then started to talk about the hairline I wanted. I didn’t show him any pictures, and there was one picture I had in mind. I told him I didn’t want the widows peaks, and he started to draw a hairline that would be best for my face. I told him I didn’t want a high widows peaks, and there was some modifications. We both agreed after about an hour an 20 minutes. He reallly understands, and really considers your comments. He started to prep me to begin with the hair transplant, and started telling me more about after care, propecia, rogaine, etc.
View attachment 75839

He asked me if I wanted to chop all my hair off, or keep some of it. I decided to cut all of it so that it wouldn’t look weird. I’ve never had it this short, and I feel weird! At first he had estimated I would need 1500 grafts, and in the end I received 1900 grafts. I changed, and I went to one room where he started to numb the back of my head. He uses a device that sort of massages your head, and then you feel the needle! I felt small pain with the needle in some areas of my head, not all of it. After that, he started to punch the holes. I would say this part last about two hours. During this time they started to play music on heir speaker. I mostly listen to Spanish pop music, and I knew every single song!! I loved it!! I felt too embarrassed to sing though, and they were also very quiet counting the grafts. They were very careful.

After that we all had a break, and I ate the tacos! They were good. :) After the meal, Dr Nader told me to take two pills and we were ready for the next part!
View attachment 75840

I believe Dr. Nader started to prep me for the next phase around 12:40pm. I tried not to look at the time, and watched Las Estrellas the entire time. He used the same device for the front of my head. It felt like a massage, and then I felt the needle. After that he injected me with more anesthesia. He started inserting the grafts to the front of my head/forehead. This last part seemed like the slowest to me. It ended around 4:35pm, and then Dr. Nader told the nurses to clean up, while he printed the instructions for after care.
View attachment 75841

I felt so comfortable with Dr. Nader, and can tell he really loves his job. He does all the work with the nurses! I would really recommend Dr. Nader to anyone that is thinking of doing a hair transplant. :)

people teased me for my supposed "duck face photo"?!?! This guys picture is next to the word duckface in the dicitonary!

Joseph5215

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Your results look awesome and can't wait to see how it looks at the one year mark. I definitely recommend Dr. Nader if anyone is still on the fence of going through with it. I've had two procedures done with him where the second one was more of a touch up to achieve the density I desired look along with small things that were really just to make me happy. He is phenomenal and you can really tell that he cares about his job. He takes care of one patient a day exclusively so that he and his team are 100% focused on you only. He does everything in his power to make sure that you are happy with the design that you want for your hairline, and tells the truth straight if it isn't a great idea to for example, completely bring your hairline based on your donor area and possible future procedures later in life if needed. He is a little challenging to get a hold of as he is booked 4 months out with, if you're lucky, a few cancellations. Just don't give up and they will get back to you, either Dr. Nader or Brenda who handles all emails usually. Good luck :)