19 yo Need Opinions and Help

purplebaldness

Reaction score
What is up guys? I am new here and don't know much and am 19 almost 20. Over the past 2 years have become very insecure about my hairline. I have always had a very big forehead with high temples. When I was younger it wasn't very apparent because I usually had long hair covering my forehead. About 2 years ago I started getting classic haircuts and slicking my hair back/making a pompadour. Since then I have always been worried about balding. I am not sure how far I am on the Norwood scale (Info on that would be appreciated). I would very much appreciate your opinions on how bad it is and how I should proceed. I sadly don't have any old pictures on my phone of how my hairline used to be. As for genetics, both of my grandfathers and great grandfather (only knew 1) had full heads of hairs until their late 60s maybe. My father on the other hand has bad temple recession but not too much loss on the crown (still a bit though). He is in his his late 50s. Any information is appreciated and I apologize if I am doing anything wrong, I am new here.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/7aU9B

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 212
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    968.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    890.4 KB · Views: 210
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 198
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 183
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    993.7 KB · Views: 219
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    998.9 KB · Views: 208

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very well could be early stages of male pattern baldness. You have an NW2 hairline (maybe a little less) which by itself isn't a sure thing, but your temple points have thinned out and that's not a good sign.

blondi

Reaction score
I had very similar hair and hairline at your age. Your crown is strong and shouldn't be going anywhere any time soon. But you do have miniaturization on the hairline. If I were you I would just start finasteride, I would't bother with the minoxidil at this point yet. My guess is it will thicken up those mini hairs and keep you where you are at for years to come. Which is what you want right?

purplebaldness

Reaction score
Yes. I don't mind my hairline at all but I don't want it to get worse. You said you had a similar hairline at my age, what happened to your hair/what did you do or where is your hair at now?

shookwun

Reaction score
early stages of hair loss.

Time for finasteride

blondi

Reaction score
Yes. I don't mind my hairline at all but I don't want it to get worse. You said you had a similar hairline at my age, what happened to your hair/what did you do or where is your hair at now?

I'm almost 25 now and my hair and crown are still thick but my hairline continued to recede over the years. I can style my hair IE Bangs or middle part without anyone noticing hairloss but ya my hairline is strong but receded. I started the big 3 about 4-6 months ago and my hairloss has definitely taken a halt. And I believe I shed a lot less too.