19 Years Old Want To Start finasteride But A Little Skeptical

19yroldbalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
19 years old and my dilemma is if I am too young to start finasteride. I hear it seals growth plates. I am 6’5 so I actually don’t care about vertical height but I still would like to grow regards to my facial bones, penis, frame. Would I be cutting my puberty short. Also what odds do I have of getting some temple regrowth (which is the only place I’m receding so far) and maybe just some overall scalp density? Are my chances increased because I’m so young, or is that not related? Thanks

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride does not prematurely close the growth plates. The myth that it does is related to estrogen increasing which is insignificant. At your age, your penis is probably fully grown (sorry).

Finasteride is best at maintaining. A good amount get mild regrowth and some get a lot of regrowth. The temples, if recently receded, can regrow. If they are bare, then most likely will not regrow. The best bet would be dermarolling and Minoxidil.

Age does not really play a role in response to Finasteride though the less hair you have and the longer you were bald the less likely you usually respond to current treatments.

19yroldbalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride does not prematurely close the growth plates. The myth that it does is related to estrogen increasing which is insignificant. At your age, your penis is probably fully grown (sorry).

Finasteride is best at maintaining. A good amount get mild regrowth and some get a lot of regrowth. The temples, if recently receded, can regrow. If they are bare, then most likely will not regrow. The best bet would be dermarolling and Minoxidil.

Age does not really play a role in response to Finasteride though the less hair you have and the longer you were bald the less likely you usually respond to current treatments.

Thank you for the response. Just to clear things up, you said my growth plates won’t be closed but then you said my penis is probably done growing. Also I don’t know if you aren’t familiar with jelqing but do you think I’d benefit if I did a 3 month jelqing routine before I hopped on finasteride or would I get the same results as if I was on finasteride.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. Just to clear things up, you said my growth plates won’t be closed but then you said my penis is probably done growing. Also I don’t know if you aren’t familiar with jelqing but do you think I’d benefit if I did a 3 month jelqing routine before I hopped on finasteride or would I get the same results as if I was on finasteride.

Growth plates and penis growth are unrelated.

Finasteride will not affect penis exercise results.