19 Y/o With Heavy Shedding...advice Needed!

big bill hell

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair has always been thick and curly, but since early June I've noticed it being incredibly thin in a couple spots on the front of the scalp. The hairline is pretty much the same as it ever was, and most places are still really thick, but I still have these spontaneous few almost bald spots that have popped up entirely over the course of the last few months since I've gotten out of school for the year. All the hairs that shed have white bulbs, and the tips of the balding areas look thinner than hairs from the back of the scalp. In terms of shock to the hair I went from NoPoo to using shampoo and conditioner for a couple months, and this kind of scared me into going back into NoPoo again (as of about two weeks), and I've been under a lot of stress? I also cut my hair for the first time in a long time not too long ago, and started combing heavily (which I've stopped) to the point of ripping some hairs out of my head (though not this much), and have extremely sensitive skin, and lately, dandruff. That said, family history of baldness on mother's side, none on father's side.

I'm going to try to see a dermatologist next week, but does anyone have any preliminary observations?

Attachments

• IMG_0788.JPG
    IMG_0788.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0789.JPG
    IMG_0789.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0790.JPG
    IMG_0790.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0791.JPG
    IMG_0791.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0792.JPG
    IMG_0792.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 214

Henry Samson

Reaction score
Hey I'm not super experienced, but I think you're alright. I've done a sh*t ton of research and I think that you just aren't used to shorter hair. It is also possible the barber/stylist or whatever might have thinned out your hair, which can also make it look different. Also, I went on NoPoo and as soon as I hopped onto shampoo I thought my hair looked thin, which is do to the hair losing all the grease/natural sh*t which then causes hair to briefly overproduce oils, grease, etc. Finally, my little brother has curly hair as well and his hairline looks almost exactly like yours, and he's only 12, and it has looked like that his whole life. Anyway, if someone with more experience can back me up, I think you're good man!