19 y/o receding hairline causing serious depression

jimmy25

Reaction score
Hey all! I started noticing my receding hairline about November Last year, and I'm pretty sure it's got worse since then!

My crown is still very thick with no signs of balding, but I've got the typical V shaped hairline now with what looks like thinning hairs on the sides of the V. (I'll post pictures tomorrow/later today).

This is causing some serious depression for me, I don't go to social events anymore and I honestly don't like going out in public so I'm going to attempt to stop the hairloss/grow some of it back.

What I'm starting this weekend/on monday:

S5 cream AM/PM on hairline (Had to pay £10 in customs because I live in the Uk :/ )

Rogaine AM/PM on thinning areas of hairline

Nizoral Shampoo 2% Once/twice a week.

Let's hope this works because I can't take much more of this!!! Thanks for reading

andersonlynch

Established Member
Reaction score
Use shampoo. coconut oil....I mean virgin coconut oil....

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
hey, welcome to the fourm jimmy25. lots of us have been/ still are in the same boat as you and it really sucks. there are lots of treatments out there that have worked in slowing down hair loss and regrowing hair; so don't give up if at first your treatment fails. Hopefully you respond well to what you have now :)

jimmy25

Reaction score
andersonlynch said:

Do you mean adding coconut oil into my diet or washing my hair with it?

antman said:
hey, welcome to the fourm jimmy25. lots of us have been/ still are in the same boat as you and it really sucks. there are lots of treatments out there that have worked in slowing down hair loss and regrowing hair; so don't give up if at first your treatment fails. Hopefully you respond well to what you have now

Thanks :). I go to university in september so I'd really like to see some changes, even extremely small positive changes in my hair before then which would hopefully boost my confidence! Let's hope, time will tell

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
jimmy25 said:
andersonlynch wrote:
Do you mean adding coconut oil into my diet or washing my hair with it?

i'm not entirely sure what Andersonlynch is trying to say but coconut oil is a very good moisturizer (when put in hair) which can counter the dryness that some people encounter from nizoral

jimmy25

Reaction score
Thanks I'll add that into my regime then :).

Are there any side effects to S5 cream? I'm using a very small amount on my hairline. As I'm 19 I don't want any sexual side-effects, would s5 cream cause any?

robkelv

Reaction score
Hey, had the same issues as you started receding at 20 and got worse, going bald sucks at a young age but theres stuff you can do to help. I took propecia and minoxldi and have a better set of hair now then when i was 20. Im almost 25 now.

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
jimmy25 said:
Are there any side effects to S5 cream?

yes. all drugs can cause side effects.

jimmy25 said:
As I'm 19 I don't want any sexual side-effects, would s5 cream cause any?

no. 5s cream is absorbed by the skin and has an anti-androgen affect in the skin. some patients had mild effects in the area spironolactone (5s) was applied.

there are no systemic effects according to

Messina M, Manieri C, Musso MC, Pastorino R
Dipartimento di Fisiopatologia Clinica, Università di Torino, Italy.

and

Berardesca E, Gabba P, Ucci G, Borroni G, Rabbiosi G
Department of Dermatology, University of Pavia, Italy.