19 Y/o Finasteride And Minoxidil Journey With Pics

AintEasyBeinCheezy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed my hair receding quite fast the past year and made the decision of trying to stop my hair loss after seeing my GP who said i have male pattern baldness. I started taking Regaine (british version of rogaine) on the 3rd December 2018 and started finasteride (generic) on the 23rd December 2018.

On my mum's side all her brothers have gone bald and on my dad's side no one has.

For minoxidil I use it twice a day, 5%, and i take 1mg finasteride a day.

I think I may have experienced one side effect and that's a weird feeling in my balls. It doesnt really hurt, its just that if i concentrate i can feel something there. Its hard to explain but I think it might be me being a little paranoid after reading about all the side effects that made me anxious about taking finasteride.

Anyway, i feel my hairline has actually gotten a little worse. I have no idea why that is but are the drugs just not working? I can't think of any other treatment that would really help but it looks like my temples and hairline has receded a bit in the past month.

So should i carry on taking it as it looks like its receded a little which is worrying. I know the drugs dont work instantly but surely there should be some effect?

The beginning. 3rd December 2019
IMG_5567.jpg IMG_5568.jpg IMG_5566.jpg

Month 1. 8th January 2019
IMG_6067.JPG IMG_6070.JPG IMG_6068.JPG

Last edited: