19 & Losing Temples, How Bad Is It?

jms16154

My Regimen
Reaction score
So basically I have noticed temples getting larger and my hairline minituarizing (which I at first thought were baby hairs ) at around 17. I am not 19 and turning 20 In a few months and I can't tell how bad it has gotten or if I am just being dramatic. My dad went bald pretty young and currently just shaves his head, and I know I should be grateful because I still have a lot of hair but to me, it just looks so bad. My crown to me looks completely fine and health if not thick, its just my hairline and temples I'm worried about.

I wear my hair kind of forwards so it covers it, and I have always had a big forehead so now im stumped if it is actually hair loss or Im just now focusing on it that my skin is clear (I used to have terrible acne which consumed most of my attention in how I looked). Any tips?? I was thinking of starting dermarolling, and I have been using Nizoral a 1-2x a week for like 6+ months now.

(The 2 pics outside are from May 2017 when I was 17, the others are from Today, 19)

IMG_0280.jpg
IMG_0281.jpg
IMG_0284.jpg
IMG_0283.jpg
IMG_0290.jpg
IMG_0292.jpg
IMG_0287.jpg
IMG_5492.jpg
IMG_4628.jpg

Last edited:

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember seeing your pictures before with another username, what were you told last time?

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember seeing your pictures before with another username, what were you told last time?
Quite the memory for this place.

jms16154

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thats odd because every picture except for the last 2 were taken yesterday at 9:19 pm after washing my face, the last 2 from a HS prom. I've never posted on this site before, just read a few threads before deciding to actually make an account (my first ever) last night. So, I havent been told anything before or "last time".

Eman25

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats odd because every picture except for the last 2 were taken yesterday at 9:19 pm after washing my face, the last 2 from a HS prom. I've never posted on this site before, just read a few threads before deciding to actually make an account (my first ever) last night. So, I havent been told anything before or "last time".
Got the same thing as me and I’m 18. I really don’t know. I’ve been told by this website that I’m balding while others have said I’m not. Can’t tell if it’s ur mature hairline or if it’s receding

RegrowthPlease

My Regimen
Reaction score
I usually measure the width of the temple triangle borders from the front by comparing it to the brows, but your pics don't allow that. So I'll comment on the temple corners instead. It looks about time you started a precautionary regimen but it doesn't look bad. Your furthest receded point still seems to sit about half ways ahead of your ears in a profile view. Try not to sweat it too much and hop on finasteride when you think you need it. Do you notice increased shedding?