19 and balding??

cntcaleb

Reaction score
I just got a haircut and saw that my hair was extremely thin on top.... Ive had a really flaky scalp for a couple month and would always itch the from of my hair.... to the point where I would pull out hair.... is this male pattern baldness or is it because I would pull out my hair because of the dry scalp??

I don't have any history of hairloss and have always had very thick hair
*the last picture is right after a shower and my hair is very wet!

2014-03-23 18.10.28.jpg2014-03-23 18.14.53.jpg

Matk12

Reaction score
im pretty sure that is male pattern baldness unfortunatly, the temples have quite receeded. The top is a bit thin, but that can also attribute to lighting. Have a talk with a dermatoligist and see what they think.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Grab the hair in that thinning area and pull. If you get a bunch of strands then its most likely diffuse hair loss.

If that is the case, the hair in that area has begun to miniaturize. You'll notice strands of hair that are smaller and thinner than the rest.

Try what I said and let us know what happens.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
the mid scalp makes me think its male pattern baldness. If it is you will want to start finasteride 1mg or 1.25mg daily it should stop your hair loss

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
the mid scalp makes me think its male pattern baldness. If it is you will want to start finasteride 1mg or 1.25mg daily it should stop your hair loss

Look at you the shill for Merck. Minoxidil believe it or not works for 40% of people long-term, regrows hair, and keeps hair. Even 80% have slowed down losses with it. finasteride isn't for everyone. Not everyone wants to significantly alter their hormones. finasteride is both a first and last resort. Although there are studies that say rogaine foam is more effective than finasteride. (not a shill) I read that on this site. We don't know a lot about RA Inhibitors. All we know is Men report tolerating it well for a couple years.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would get a hair transplant to cover up the thin areas.

no drug recommendation only one for a hair transplant at 19 at the hairline for someone who doesn't even have noticeable loss yet sounds like a recipe for the greatest disaster possible