(18M) please help with my balding

Darshan_R

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 18male ,and I don't know whether my hairs are thinning or falling out but whenever I run my hand through my hairs some 2 to 3 strands come out , I eat egg everyday, exercise often, and oil as well but still no development, I'm suffering from allergies from 7 months
IMG_20210703_212555_413_compress72.jpg
IMG_20210703_212555_413_compress72.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210703_212636_017_compress91.jpg
    IMG_20210703_212636_017_compress91.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_20210703_212524_605_compress25.jpg
    IMG_20210703_212524_605_compress25.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 192

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say your concerns warrant seeing a doctor about it. It looks like thinning and if you do have male pattern baldness and it runs in the family then you should start treatment if you want to save your hair

Darshan_R

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say your concerns warrant seeing a doctor about it. It looks like thinning and if you do have male pattern baldness and it runs in the family then you should start treatment if you want to save your hair
My dad is not completely bald his condition now (54) is like mine only,
What treatments fo you suggest

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
My dad is not completely bald his condition now (54) is like mine only,
What treatments fo you suggest
Ketoconazole Shampoo ( 2 % ) , leave it for 10 to 20 minutes , every day before you clean it.
A lotion with Minoxidil 5 % and tretinoin 0.025 % , use it every night. You can add to that lotion a really low dose of finasteride ( between 0.025 to 0.1 % ) .
Oral Finasteride or Dutasteide will give you side effects.
Give at least 5-6 month to evaluate the results. You should see some results by month 4th ( Stoping the increase of balding areas, thinning too and some regrowth ) .
Avoid Youtubres gurues and dumb advice it on " jump on Propecia, finasteride " like it was the 90s and read more studies on pubmed.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
The best treatment is finasteride (brand name propecia). You need to get a prescription from a doctor.
Wow, you are a geniues dude. No wait, a drug approved on 1997 for male pattern baldness that , after 24 years we have tons of studies proving the side effects that it cause ? Dude, you are just another dumb answer on google. To answer that, simple don't answer, your answer have zero value, it is just a filler.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, you are a geniues dude. No wait, a drug approved on 1997 for male pattern baldness that , after 24 years we have tons of studies proving the side effects that it cause ? Dude, you are just another dumb answer on google. To answer that, simple don't answer, your answer have zero value, it is just a filler.
You suggested topical finasteride which also goes systemic. Topical isn't side effect free.

Furthermore, there are no fda approved topicals either. There are backed studies that show that it is effective but I need that fda approval.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
You suggested topical finasteride which also goes systemic. Topical isn't side effect free.

Furthermore, there are no fda approved topicals either. There are backed studies that show that it is effective but I need that fda approval.
No. Topical finasteride have tons of study, at low dose, special 0.025 % ( read pubmed ) will not lower systemic DHT, specially, not a 70 % like oral does.
Not approved by FDA means really nothing, for that reason there are compounding pharmacies .
Read the Vioxx Scandal to understand how Merck worked with finasteride and other drugs , and see how " seriously " it is a FDA approved product . If the Laboratory lie , FDA simple check the study results thinking they can hide the side effects, as vioxx show it , this is totally wrong.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
No. Topical finasteride have tons of study, at low dose, special 0.025 % ( read pubmed ) will not lower systemic DHT, specially, not a 70 % like oral does.
Not approved by FDA means really nothing, for that reason there are compounding pharmacies .
Read the Vioxx Scandal to understand how Merck worked with finasteride and other drugs , and see how " seriously " it is a FDA approved product . If the Laboratory lie , FDA simple check the study results thinking they can hide the side effects, as vioxx show it , this is totally wrong.
Here is a quote from an article on vioxx

"Merck & Co. announced Sept. 30 a voluntary worldwide withdrawal of rofecoxib (Vioxx) after a study showed patients taking the drug on a long-term basis face twice the risk of a heart attack compared with patients receiving placebo."

If Merck was so focused on moving a drug to market and not the side effects then why did they volunteer to pull it?

Topical finasteride at .1% and .25% goes systemic as much as oral, however topical .025% I believe did go systemic but not as much. However efficacy of a low dose like .025% is debatable. This is equivalent to using .25mg a day which inhibits less dht. You may have more non responders to this treatment.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is a quote from an article on vioxx

"Merck & Co. announced Sept. 30 a voluntary worldwide withdrawal of rofecoxib (Vioxx) after a study showed patients taking the drug on a long-term basis face twice the risk of a heart attack compared with patients receiving placebo."

If Merck was so focused on moving a drug to market and not the side effects then why did they volunteer to pull it?

Topical finasteride at .1% and .25% goes systemic as much as oral, however topical .025% I believe did go systemic but not as much. However efficacy of a low dose like .025% is debatable. This is equivalent to using .25mg a day which inhibits less dht. You may have more non responders to this treatment.
"If Merck was so focused on moving a drug to market and not the side effects then why did they volunteer to pull it?"
Lol, you are f*****g kidding, right ? " "Volunteer " after it show that killed hundred of people and they already know that and they hide it. It like a Killer is discover and he " volunteer " surrender .

What you are simple doing is insane, you are telling that is the same of taking 1mg orally that put that 1mg in your scalp, that the whole 1 mg will go systemic. That is simple not understanding the basic of pharmacology . Of that 1mg , most will be go systemic and just a lower part will arrive to the scalp. All the opositvie of use it on scalp. There is not a single reason on why Merck use it oral instead of topical beyong marketing, it you tell somebody " what do you prefer , a lotion or a pill " it will tell you a pill, cause is easy .

By the way , Merck paid 4.8 BILLONS dollars on settlements. You don't pay that if you are inocent :

"Merck Previously Knew of Vioxx Heart Risks : NPR. Expert: Merck Previously Knew of Vioxx Heart Risks A cardiologist testifies that drugmaker Merck had scientific evidence of Vioxx's cardiac hazards as far back as 1999 -- well before it pulled the drug from market in September 2004."

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also , Merck market Propecia with two lies :
1) You don't need DHT after puberty
2) 5-alpha-reductase is only used by the body to convert T into DHT .

DHT is a usefull for male body as any other androgen and 5-alpha reductase is used by the boy in , at least, 6 other reactions, for example, the convertion of progesterone into alloprogeterone, a calm neurosteroid absolutive need it in stress.

Why the hell you think that Glaxo never release Dutasteride for male pattern baldness ?! Not in USA even after the spectacular results of phase 2 and even after they did phase 3 in differents countries like Argentina ? From 195 countries in the world only 2 have dutasteride market to treat male pattern baldness .

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score

DHT is a usefull for male body as any other androgen and 5-alpha reductase is used by the boy in , at least, 6 other reactions, for example, the convertion of progesterone into alloprogeterone, a calm neurosteroid absolutive need it in stress.

Why the hell you think that Glaxo never release Dutasteride for male pattern baldness ?! Not in USA even after the spectacular results of phase 2 and even after they did phase 3 in differents countries like Argentina ? From 195 countries in the world only 2 have dutasteride market to treat male pattern baldness .
In the end there are 8 million prescriptions for finasteride per year. If the side effects were that common the drug would have been pulled.

sherlockva

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 18male ,and I don't know whether my hairs are thinning or falling out but whenever I run my hand through my hairs some 2 to 3 strands come out , I eat egg everyday, exercise often, and oil as well but still no development, I'm suffering from allergies from 7 monthsView attachment 165188View attachment 165188
Dude, eating eggs is not sufficient. How do you even know eggs will grow your hair, biotin? If you are concerned about your nutrition, first get your blood work done. It will give you the best picture of whether you have a nutritional deficit or not.
You mentioned that you have an allergy right, well you should find out exactly what kind of allergy is it. Dermatitis can cause hair shedding. I had seborrheic dermatitis once...it takes time to solve it. Mainly keeping your scalp clean and the right kind of food will help you fight your allergy.

And of course, Dht blocking is an important part as everyone says.

LookingForSomeAdvise

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ketoconazole Shampoo ( 2 % ) , leave it for 10 to 20 minutes , every day before you clean it.
A lotion with Minoxidil 5 % and tretinoin 0.025 % , use it every night. You can add to that lotion a really low dose of finasteride ( between 0.025 to 0.1 % ) .
Oral Finasteride or Dutasteide will give you side effects.
Give at least 5-6 month to evaluate the results. You should see some results by month 4th ( Stoping the increase of balding areas, thinning too and some regrowth ) .
Avoid Youtubres gurues and dumb advice it on " jump on Propecia, finasteride " like it was the 90s and read more studies on pubmed.
Why do u gerneralize that and spread fear about sides when only a few percent get sides from oral? I guess you did right? I would go and read the actual papers agree with you about not trusting youtubers but check out the facts before writing bs.

LookingForSomeAdvise

My Regimen
Reaction score

Cause they did not start phase 3...

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cause they did not start phase 3...
Hahahaha. Yes, they did it in Argentina and South Korea.
Anyway, why do you think they didn;t made the phase 3 in USA, after the spectacular results of the phase 2 and whent first to cheaper countries to do it ? And even then, they didn't release it ?

Darshan_R

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, eating eggs is not sufficient. How do you even know eggs will grow your hair, biotin? If you are concerned about your nutrition, first get your blood work done. It will give you the best picture of whether you have a nutritional deficit or not.
You mentioned that you have an allergy right, well you should find out exactly what kind of allergy is it. Dermatitis can cause hair shedding. I had seborrheic dermatitis once...it takes time to solve it. Mainly keeping your scalp clean and the right kind of food will help you fight your allergy.

And of course, Dht blocking is an important part as everyone says.
I had sinus allergy btw